Lynx Shipping Status??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't see what the problem is here. The manufacturer wants to ensure that their product meets their quality standards and wouldn't release it prematurely in the market. In the manufacturing of new revolutionary products, there are always unexpected last minute glitches that cause the vendor to delay the release of these products. I have seen this happen in almost every new product release for most vendors. I personally prefer a delay in the release of the product than buying a product and then having to return it to the vendor to fix something.

This product appears to offer something new and different in this market that no one else has at all. You can't compare it with another product from another vendor.

I don't see what the problem is here. The manufacturer wants to ensure that their product meets their quality standards and wouldn't release it prematurely in the market. In the manufacturing of new revolutionary products, there are always unexpected last minute glitches that cause the vendor to delay the release of these products. I have seen this happen in almost every new product release for most vendors. I personally prefer a delay in the release of the product than buying a product and then having to return it to the vendor to fix something.

This product appears to offer something new and different in this market that no one else has at all. You can't compare it with another product from another vendor.

Of course there is a problem in the way Liquivision is providing the information about the release dates...

Liquivision already changed the release date 6 times starting on June 2012... (again... In June 2012 they had "Fall 2012" as the release date then "End of 2012" then they moved to "Early 2013" then "Late Feb 2013" and now pushed out again to "Spring 2013" (in danger too for the issues with the battery) and this for sure creates a sensation that something is not OK with the whole process to produce the Lynx. In my opinion the should stay quiet from the first moment they start planning the Lynx without giving any possible release date instead of changing the release date several times in the last 12 months.

Obviously I want a reliable computer but the misinformation and permanent delays make me think about lack of good planning, organization and the way the information is provided to the public (with 0 updates by email to the people that filled the preorder form online).

I am really exited about the Lynx and the innovation of this product but they really need to work in the other stuff found in other great companies (reliable/quality, excellent customer service, updates and more). And this is not something related with the Lynx is also related with the warranty department that according with other users is very slow, no updates of the repairs and sometimes can take months to receive the computers back. That is my point.

Of course there is a problem in the way Liquivision is providing the information about the release dates...

Liquivision already changed the release date 6 times starting on June 2012... (again... In June 2012 they had "Fall 2012" as the release date then "End of 2012" then they moved to "Early 2013" then "Late Feb 2013" and now pushed out again to "Spring 2013" (in danger too for the issues with the battery) and this for sure creates a sensation that something is not OK with the whole process to produce the Lynx. In my opinion the should stay quiet from the first moment they start planning the Lynx without giving any possible release date instead of changing the release date several times in the last 12 months.

Obviously I want a reliable computer but the misinformation and permanent delays make me think about lack of good planning, organization and the way the information is provided to the public (with 0 updates by email to the people that filled the preorder form online).

I am really exited about the Lynx and the innovation of this product but they really need to work in the other stuff found in other great companies (reliable/quality, excellent customer service, updates and more). And this is not something related with the Lynx is also related with the warranty department that according with other users is very slow, no updates of the repairs and sometimes can take months to receive the computers back. That is my point.

totally agree, the constant push back dates without information started to worry me, possibly no reason to worry but had to wonder what was going on and left to my own imagination decided there must be a problem that they are having difficulty in solving. I mean its been coming on a year since rhey first announced a release date. I agree it would have been better for them to have waited until they were actually ready. I do hope it all works out for them and that the Lynx meets all expectations, I'm sure eventually it will.

I know of at least one other product that was delayed by at least as much if not more and then they shipped and everything is great. People in the other scenario even paid money to reserve their product in advance of the original release date. Everybody now has forgotten the delay and is buying the product and loves it.

In perfect life and perfect world, sure they should give themselves 6 months beyond their expected release date but that isn't reality today.

I would guess that in many situations involving all kinds of products, there is frequently tension between the marketing folks who want a release date they can offer to customers, both retail and wholesale, and the tech people, who are trying to meet a release date but at the same time release a complete product.

Personally, I would rather wait a bit for a product that is "complete" than get something pushed out before it is truly ready. I also don't tend to feel a company has any duty to discuss their development and production issues with me, unless they took my money and promised something that they are not delivering. I do appreciate it when a company can give relatively accurate updates about eventual availability though, just in case customers have some time sensitive issue. In this case, I have no problem waiting for awhile. I guess I am lucky this time.

I'm no fan of Liquivision, but as irritating (and, IMO, typical) as their customer service approach has been here...I doubt anyone has to worry about the Lynx being vaporware. It's just a question of how long you'll have to wait for what they keep promising.

I'm no fan of Liquivision, but as irritating (and, IMO, typical) as their customer service approach has been here...I doubt anyone has to worry about the Lynx being vaporware. It's just a question of how long you'll have to wait for what they keep promising.

I got a reply on FB that they are looking to start filling orders either later this week or sometime next week. I hope they're right.

The uncertainty when developing a new product means it is virtually impossible to predict the launch date. Trust me when I say that we wish that WE knew when it would be launched because each time we shifted the date, we had to re-organize the manufacturing of all our current products, which was very time consuming.

In late Jan/early Feb, during beta testing in Hawaii, California and Florida, these were supposed to be the 'final' tests, when we discovered that snapping shrimp and certain low frequency boat sonar systems could reduce the performance of the Lynx. So we had to design digital filters to circumvent those problems, and we did that and now it is solved. That is just one example. Previously people have accused us of launching products prematurely. By being more patient we are listening to public feedback and making sure the product is ready. Long ago the Lynx already worked in 'ideal' conditions. What has taken so long is to make it work in all the possible non-ideal conditions.

As a final comment, we specifically did NOT take anyone's money for pre-orders. Given that fact (and a very important fact it is), anyone waiting for the product cannot hold us accountable for 'holding' their money or not fulfilling promises, since until money is put down, there is no contract or deal in place. On the other hand, if we HAD taken money 5 months ago, people would be very justified in being frustrated.

I can say however that those who are patient will *not* be disappointed. When using it, sometimes I am even amazed that it works at all, and the amazement doesn't diminish with time.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

The uncertainty when developing a new product means it is virtually impossible to predict the launch date. Trust me when I say that we wish that WE knew when it would be launched because each time we shifted the date, we had to re-organize the manufacturing of all our current products, which was very time consuming.

In late Jan/early Feb, during beta testing in Hawaii, California and Florida, these were supposed to be the 'final' tests, when we discovered that snapping shrimp and certain low frequency boat sonar systems could reduce the performance of the Lynx. So we had to design digital filters to circumvent those problems, and we did that and now it is solved. That is just one example. Previously people have accused us of launching products prematurely. By being more patient we are listening to public feedback and making sure the product is ready. Long ago the Lynx already worked in 'ideal' conditions. What has taken so long is to make it work in all the possible non-ideal conditions.

As a final comment, we specifically did NOT take anyone's money for pre-orders. Given that fact (and a very important fact it is), anyone waiting for the product cannot hold us accountable for 'holding' their money or not fulfilling promises, since until money is put down, there is no contract or deal in place. On the other hand, if we HAD taken money 5 months ago, people would be very justified in being frustrated.

I can say however that those who are patient will *not* be disappointed. When using it, sometimes I am even amazed that it works at all, and the amazement doesn't diminish with time.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Thanks for the thorough update.

I just saw your teaser on FB. I'm looking forward to the day I'm wearing one on my wrist underwater.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Eric, I asked before and Liquivision told me that there is no risk of affecting the marine life with the sound frequency used by the Lynx Transmitter. Now this make me think that (if a snapping shrimp and boat sonar systems caused this issue with the Lynx) would be possible for the lynx to cause similar issues to the marine life that rely on sound/sonar communications like dolphins, whales, some invertebrates? Something like this? "Low Frequency, Cause for Concern" Marsha L. Green, Ph.D. Ocean Mammal Institute. OMI: The US Navy's Low Frequency Active Sonar: Cause for Concern

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom