Lynx Specs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
As previously posted am interested in the Lynx. However I note on your website on your advertising blurb you list the specs as being identical to the Kaon. So other than having the option of air integration what are the differences seeing as you have alluded in other threads to "new features never seen before". If they are the same save AI then guess I don't need to wait another few months for the Lynx and can just order a Kaon. Thanks.

As previously posted am interested in the Lynx. However I note on your website on your advertising blurb you list the specs as being identical to the Kaon. So other than having the option of air integration what are the differences seeing as you have alluded in other threads to "new features never seen before". If they are the same save AI then guess I don't need to wait another few months for the Lynx and can just order a Kaon. Thanks.

Apparently you had no real need or desire for AI. You were a Kaon potential customer from the get-go...

Actually no, was/am interested, as per my post, particularly with the "never seen before features" hence asking the question. Liquivision have indicated that the Lynx is different not only because AI is an option. AI is not necessarily a deal breaker or maker. I need a computer sooner rather than later so if it's the same as the Kaon save AI and offers no never seen before features, as per their website, then the Kaon will suffice.

Last edited:
The Lynx has new features not related to AI, but I can't give details yet.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Not to mention a bit annoying given that the party line is that the Kaon is a pretty good idea of what the Lynx will be, sans AI.

The Lynx portion of the Liquivision website has some new details about the Lynx. Apparently it has some Track and trace features. Also bidirectional comms between units. The latter isn't new, the former probably is.

Imagine....

lynx-arrow-web.png

that you always know where your buddy is
that you can find anyone in your group
that you can always know how much air anyone in your group has left
that the dive group can always find the boat
that the boat captain can send messages to the divers
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could Liquivision be who Navimate has been working with? Come on, more please...
Navimate - GPS for Divers

---------- Post Merged on October 1st, 2012 at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was on September 30th, 2012 at 02:51 PM ----------

Could Liquivision be who Navimate has been working with?

UPDATE on my post above :

I talked to the people at Navimate and they are not involved with Liquivision.

In my understanding of technology, the only way to get a long distance target direction is a sonar like technology. If Liquivision will incorporate it in a low (guess) cost consumer device, that will be a a revolution :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom