Mack is Back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mack Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All.

Sorry for the brief absence, but things have been a little crazy around our house. Right before Christmas, my Dad was diagnosed with a brain tumor. At 86 he chose not to fight it. Hell, who can blame him. We focused all of our attention on getting him and my Mom into a good facility close to us. My Dad passed away last Friday night, so we have spent the last few days dealing with all of those issues.

With the dive business being slow, I have been working in Houston to sell roofs on storm damaged houses, leaving Nik and Chris to run the shop for me. That and commuting back and forth to Austin left little time for socializing. Anyway, I'm back in Houston now and can hopefully make enough to keep things together.

Special thanks to all of you who sent prayers and kind thoughts. It really helped Karen and I deal with the situation.

Mack,

I am so sorry for your loss. I will lift you and your family in my prayers.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Mack. I know how tough that one can be. We miss you here in ATX! Hopefully, you'll be able to come home soon!

We'll try to behave and keep thing hanging together....

Mack
Terry and I are keeping Karen, you and your family in our prayers. I heard about your Dad from Nick at the shop on Saturday. I'm sorry we didn't try harder to get to the services - we should have made the time to offer our support to you.

Dive season is just around the corner. Hang on and come home soon.

Mack
You and your entire family are in our prayers, and it is our hope that you will be provided peace and strength during this time. You all have my sincere condolences. If there is anything we can do for you, don't hesitate to speak up, partner.
Bill and your friends from CDOT

Tough thing to go through. Focus on your mother and helping her. I know how hard it is for you right now, but nothing compared to her loss.

Good to see you posting again Mack, sorry to hear about your loss.

Nick has been able to take care of me fine during my infrequent winter visits, I'm sure him and Chris have got things at shop covered. Miss you at the FEAST events though, so hurry up and sell a lot of roofs and get back to Austin soon.

matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom