Macro Photography in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belize is truly great. I might suggest you take a look at Turneffe if you are looking for luxury, great snorkeling and getting away from it all. It doesn't get much quieter out there. We've done San Pedro/Ambergris, Turneffe, Glovers, and now spend alot of time in the Bay Islands. The macro photography is arguably the best out at the Atolls followed by the others, but with great buoyancy control and a patient eye, the reef will come alive.

All of that said, I would temper your expectations if you are looking for Pacific quality macro/reef life. We have done Indonesia/Raja Ampat/Bali and Komodo recently and there is nothing in the Caribbean that matches the reefs or creatures there. I am not bashing the Caribbean, we spend alot of time there these days and love it, just understand that its different.

Have a great trip!

While Belize does offer Macro photo opportunities, I have not found that to be its best photographic side. Belize is photographically unique in my opinion. The clarity of the water, the availability of light, and the lushness & diversity of the coral made it a superior wide angle dive region.

Like I said, there is macro, but it's not like Roatan or St. Vincent for spectacular macro.

Belize photos can be viewed here..

Underwater Explorations book - features numerous underwater Belize photos..

You'll have a great time diving Belize.. CocoView dive resort in Roatan is a photographers macro dream come true!

Hope this helps..

Cheers,

Monty

There is great macro in Belize! About a third of the pictures I take there are macro!
600_P8290094_Smooth_Trunkfish_Juvy_BAIII_06.jpg

Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services

600_P9010233-Arrowfish_BA3_04.jpg

Back
Top Bottom