Mactan budget hotels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Need some help from the locals. Might go to Cebu for chinese new years (Jan 28-Feb 4). My instructor will be based in the Shangri-la and the diving/ training will be done in front. Does anyone recommend any budget hotels US$50 or less per nite around that area of Mactan. I would like to minimize the drive time back n forth everyday but I'm not willing to pay Shangri-la rates for 8 nites...

Hilton's right next door. Hadsan resort is another I can think of, but you'll be spending for the cab ride there.

I stayed at the Diplomat Hotel (downtown Cebu) last Oct 28 to Nov. 1, 05. Nice and clean room with Aircon, queen size bed, bathroom with hot shower, cable TV and telephone for only P1,200 or $US 25. Two restaurants at the ground floor and near the hotel is the Robinsons Department Store. Internet cafes (hehe of course for your scuba board log-in) are just a walking distance from the hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel Bro.

ps - i'm not the owner of the hotel:D .
Korean restaurant near the hotel:D :D

Paradive is just beside Shangri-la. A very popular destination for HKG tourist (before SARS).

If you want to blend with the locals on the weekends, next choice is Hadsan although quite far from Shangrila-la.

Do a goggle search. You should find them easily.

About 20kms +/-. When I was there, takes me 30mins early in the morning to drive to work (Mactan Export Processing Zone) from my house in the city but 1.5hrs to go back in the evening due to traffic.

Enjoy your stay.

pakman:
Need some help from the locals. Might go to Cebu for chinese new years (Jan 28-Feb 4). My instructor will be based in the Shangri-la and the diving/ training will be done in front. Does anyone recommend any budget hotels US$50 or less per nite around that area of Mactan. I would like to minimize the drive time back n forth everyday but I'm not willing to pay Shangri-la rates for 8 nites...
You're diving with Scotty's - they're one of the most expensive diveshops in Cebu. I'm sure you didnt want to hear that :)
Here are some resorts worth checking:
Costabella
Tambuli Beach Resort - around $54
Cebu White Sands
Cebu Beach Club
Days Hotel Mactan - around $30
Mactan Pension House - P700
EGI - my friend owns this. The Philippine Airlines crew stays in this hotel.

If you stay on either of these resorts, driving to and from Shangri-la should not take over 15 mins. Cab fare is probably around P100 - 200. If you need more info, just PM me. Enjoy your stay in Mactan.

Enrique

subzero great info... yes we'll be using Scotty's shop location but my instructors are based in Hong Kong and run their tech training from there and PG.

I was gonna post what sub said - Scotty's is the premier and most expensive place in Mactan (shangri la - go figure!). But if it's through your instructors there, then I guess you're pretty much set on going through with them.

btw, Shangri la Mactan is definitely one of the best beach resorts in SEAsia (IMO). Too bad they're so dang expensive!

pakman:
subzero great info... yes we'll be using Scotty's shop location but my instructors are based in Hong Kong and run their tech training from there and PG.
Make sure you dive Hilutungan and Nalusuan islands and the Marigondon cave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom