Madison Blue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JAMIE MCG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going to Madison Blue Sat 4-7, for a cavern dive, and was curious what to expect, temps in the low 70's, moderate flow, depths? I know we need all our air.

Thanks

Make sure to keep an eye on the Withlacoochee river level since it is raining in South GA. The cavern in Madison Blue blows out so easily.

Thanks Karstdvr, I guess if that happens we'll go to Peacock.

Jamie, I've been trying to get over to that cavern for a while now. Any interest in going together? I've never been there.

it's my favorite cavern so far! there are 2 entrances, but i think you have to go in the larger to satisfy the spirit of the cavern card. go under the jump platform & look up if there are people jumping - it's fun! but be careful going in. since the entrance is under that platform, there are lots of broken beer bottles & it would be easy to cut your hand. if you think of it & have the time, take a container & do a couple of minutes of picking up. yes, temp about 72, not high flow, depths about 30-40 as i recall, lots of fun. there is a 'sucker line' from one entrance to the other, and a huge cavern to see apart from that. hope you have a ball!

Yes, definitely high on my list of good cavern dives. It is rather easy to loose ambient light while poking around in one of the many nooks and crannies in there, though.

JAMIE MCG:
Going to Madison Blue Sat 4-7, for a cavern dive, and was curious what to expect, temps in the low 70's, moderate flow, depths? I know we need all our air.

Thanks

I have been in there twice in the last week and vis in the cavern zone was maybe 30-40 feet. Water temp 68-69.

Capt Jim Wyatt:
I have been in there twice in the last week and vis in the cavern zone was maybe 30-40 feet. Water temp 68-69.

Madison's cavern has never had spectacular visibility,tends to be turbid in there even if you don't have much dive activity. The cavern has a lot of places to explore,but it doesn't take much to lose the daylight zone due to the shape of the cavern.

Are there decent places to tie off? I guess I could use it to work on my navigation skills.

How much room floor to ceiling?

i suck at this kind of guessing, but 20-ish feet.

lots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom