Magnetic Octo holder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cerveza

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Last summer while working at my local dive centre a guy came in and asked me where he could purchase a magnetic Octopus holder, (i didnt know where) anyways 6 months down the line i still dont know where to get one from, do they exist?

They might be out there somewhere but i never think they will be populair because people might wonder why their compass are always pointing at their octo :wink:

My LDS sells them and they look cool. The only issue I have seen is the magnets separating when jumping into the water from a boat. I'll ask what distributer he gets them from.

My LDS Divelife here in the UK stocks them, don't know how much of a gimmick they are or if there are better solutions around.

I know Brett would be happy to post you one but I have no idea if the cost of shipping would be worth it.

seemannsuboctoholder.jpg

They are on the seemannsub website and are available in Spain so maybe you could find a local distributor.

Firstly please accept my apologies for being late to reply, many thanks to Fionab for the seemannsub link, but PeterVV has got my mind thinking about the compass thinggy! anybody got any personal experiences with a compass and one of these?..

The magnet is small and weak, it won't affect your compass at all unless it is pressed against it. Even then, barely. Yes, I have used a compass and a mag holder to see. Anyone who raises this red flag has obviously not actually tried it. When diving for fun I use a necklace. But the mag holder is nice for DMing because it's easier to deploy and reattach (one handed).

Trident R535 here in the US. Any LDS should be able to order one.

Richard

They are way cool if you use a long hose octopus. (I am an Air II and underarm primary ind of guy so I do not need it for the octo, but it is great for all kinds of clip things.

Back
Top Bottom