MAKE-up and DIVING

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't wear makeup diving cuz it gets on the mask skirt and discolors it. i hate for my nice pretty mask to turn all gross and brown.
Once i loaned out my mask to a relative. She wore it for about a week with makeup. I won't ever do that again. It ruined my mask skirt.

dive4funOften:
If you dont want to wear makeup that is up to your own personal taste. I myself enjoy looking good and like to feel pretty whether it is above or below water.

All I can think of is the old saying....

Even an ugly bird can look good with a nice coat of feathers!

Anyway if you don't wear makeup then responding to this thread is really irrelevant because the original intent was to find out which products are superior!

Thanks ladies I have enjoyed the thread!

None are superior, they all smudge.

Ann Marie:
I'll admit that if my make-up stayed where I put it, I would probably use it before diving. Mind you, that when I say make-up, I only use eyeliner and mascara. Since it smears under my eyes, I'll stick to diving without it.

Same here...I use very little makeup...thank goodness I don't need it. But I don't wear it diving because water proof or not, it smears.

A.

I don't wear makeup when diving - I just don't see the point in it for myself, personally. Partly because when I go diving I just want to get up and go, without the hassle and time involved with anything other than applying sunscreen, brushing my teeth and hair :wink:, partly because every woman I've seen entering the water with makeup on comes back out with it smeared over her face and mask. The worst is the lipstick.

However, for those that prefer to do it, nothing wrong with that.

I have bad skin and use sunscreen followed by waterbased foundation, eyeliner & blush, but most of it melts away by the end of the day due to my oily skin. I only wear it when diving if I'm diving on a weeknight after work. On weekend dives it's just sunscreen and lip balm. In any case, I've found that the guys I dive with don't care what I look like, since they've already seen what I look like after a dive (hair all matted & gross, nose running, etc.). I think it's nice for a change not to have to worry about whether I need to powder my nose.

It's the same in all walks of life; some women can't do without their mascara anywhere; I used to be in the army reserves, and one of the girls would be fixing her mascara in the back of the truck while on field exercise, in full combat gear. She wore full makeup, Tammy-Faye style.

Firediver-
I agree with you, no reason to put make up on. If you're trying to impress someone, work on being a better diver, you're certainly not going to look drop dead gorgeous getting in and out of the water or when you're diving. You shouldn't be the center of attention, the critters that live underwater should be. At least, that's the goal.

scubajenn:
Firediver-
I agree with you, no reason to put make up on. If you're trying to impress someone, work on being a better diver, you're certainly not going to look drop dead gorgeous getting in and out of the water or when you're diving. You shouldn't be the center of attention, the critters that live underwater should be. At least, that's the goal.

Mascara making someone the center of attention. Now that is a first!

Amen to that. I'm a tomboy too. I figure the only thing I'm going to use (if that) while diving is waterproof mascara, and usually not even that. I just don't see the use. If a man can't find me attractive au naturel (and I mean makeup here), then he's missing out.

I don't wear make-up to dive but I do wear Lip-finity lipstick by Max Factor. It stays on for up to 10 hours. I don't wear it to look good but because my lips get really dry and chapped if I don't. I wear this brand because it stays put and does not get on my mouthpiece. I also use sunscreen and moisterizer after the dive because I have super dry skin. Other than that what you see is what you get.

Zuzanne

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom