Making your own backplate... links please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just drew up my own plan by tracing my wing, and made it all at work on company time. It was easy, and I got paid for it.
Way better than buying one.

Hi Hop Devil,

I'm not doing this for the money LOL!!! I just want a plate that I'm totally comfortable with. Even wearing a 3mm wetsuit, the nerves of my neck always seems to be pinched! I realised that it could be the shoulder straps being too close together or something.

That is why I'm thinking of making my own plate. I'll be getting someone who has access to the equipment to do it for me but I need some templates to compare to and make adjustments.

Cheers,

SangP

I just dug out a set of plans I got on the internet, can't find the web address.
Give me a few minutes.

SangP,
Do you have access to Auto-Cad 2000?

Hi cnctina and Karken,

Thanks for the help but unfortunately I don't have access to auto cad. I'm looking for a plate that has slightly angled slots for the shoulder straps and is nowhere near the v depression of the plate as the straps usually get chewed up when they rub against the slots. I like combining the Koplin plate and the oms plate where the slots are wide like the Koplin but has the mounting holes of the OMS plate... weird huh?
Also I would like this plate to be as low profile as possible.

Many thanks guys.

SangP

The Kraken:
SangP,
Do you have access to Auto-Cad 2000?

Kraken,

I have AutoCAD and I can convert cad files into PDFs if you have something SangP might want. I'd be glad to help.

TT :wink:

TwoTanks,
I'll send you an Auto-Cad file, B/P and STA

TwoTanks,
PM me with an e-mail address to which I can send it.

The K

Back
Top Bottom