Mako Compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MJKJ4

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Mako compressor
Bought it with 551 hours had it serviced (oil, filter, and air test) in Nov/2011. big dreams of a nice big system but never paned out. The dive shop I bought it from had it converted from gas to an electric motor, single phase 240volt.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

$2500.00

Model # KA516, pressure relief valve starts opening at 3200psi, and it says 5cfm but it easily fills a alum80 in 10 mins so I think its doing better. No issues at all with compressor. After buying and then pricing setting up nitrox maybe trimix I realized buying my fills was way cheaper. So I keep compressor around just for air fills but I think if I can sell it I might just have to get a viper upgrade on my n-19.

Kaine

Your making me drool
drooling.gif
! I would love to do this, but mama would crucify me :) Maybe after a nice romantic live-aboard I could convince her.:luxhello:

It's not terribly too big....just sneak it into the garage! She'll never notice

Mako compressor
Bought it with 551 hours had it serviced (oil, filter, and air test) in Nov/2011. big dreams of a nice big system but never paned out. The dive shop I bought it from had it converted from gas to an electric motor, single phase 240volt.

View attachment 153792 View attachment 153793 View attachment 153794 View attachment 153795

$2500.00

Model # KA516, pressure relief valve starts opening at 3200psi, and it says 5cfm but it easily fills a alum80 in 10 mins so I think its doing better. No issues at all with compressor. After buying and then pricing setting up nitrox maybe trimix I realized buying my fills was way cheaper. So I keep compressor around just for air fills but I think if I can sell it I might just have to get a viper upgrade on my n-19.

Kaine

??? Uh - if you bought it and priced your fills for trimix and nitrox - and came up with a number where buing those fills was cheaper..then...your math is broken.

Owning a compressor - it is harder to break even on AIR fills, but still doable. Start doing your own Nitrox fills and its a no brainer to break even - add in Trimix....and....its ridiculous.

Nice Compressor - should sell pretty quick. Good luck.

Mako compressor

View attachment 153792 View attachment 153793 View attachment 153794 View attachment 153795

$2500.00

Kaine

Is it still for sale and if so can you please contact me
nathan@poseidonmarinefl.com
or 941 585 6414

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom