Malapascua Best Time and Which Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw a shark this morning, nice cleaning session at the end of a nitrox dive...they are there all year round and if you do a week, dive every morning, and don't see one, I will definitely buy you a beer!

Having said that I'm usually found at The Craic House ringing the bell anyway, so it goes without saying :)

ps thanks for the recommendations guys - we aim to please :)

Saw a shark this morning, nice cleaning session at the end of a nitrox dive...they are there all year round and if you do a week, dive every morning, and don't see one, I will definitely buy you a beer!

Having said that I'm usually found at The Craic House ringing the bell anyway, so it goes without saying :)

thanks for the replies matt do you guys do deal on a number of dives? i.e. 2 weeks 3 dives a day?

Most of Exotic's rooms are w/in your budget & the beach is beautiful! I think if you spend a week there, u have a good chance to see the thresher sharks. Go to Exotic's FB page, they post their sightings there... Welcome to Facebook

I could be wrong about the exclucivity of that site, don't quote me on it, but that was my understanding. It was right off their beach, not really in "open ocean". and i think it was their doing, creating the site by sinking jeepneys and other structures. seemed to work quite well though, attracting lots of life. fun easy dive right off shore anyway.

For my 1st serious (meaning multi-day, multi-dive) dive trip to the Philippines, I went to Tubbataha and Malapascua and both were very satisfying. I have been to Malapascua 3 times in all and to me the best time to go would be between March and June. Malapascuai is outside the typhoon belt which is further north but tell that to a typhoon. Typhoon season is around July and September but again tell that to a typhoon. In late December to early March the water temperature could be below 80 degrees F. March to May are the hotter months but the only other weather there is "hot".
I have always stayed with Exotic dive resort and have never been disappointed. Ask for Toto as your divemaster. It's amazing what he can find for you. He was one of the few guides who made me realize the Philippines is the best kept secret in the Pacific. Have the resort arrange for your transfers- you will have less headache that way.

Back
Top Bottom