Malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aleem.k713

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone has been to Malapascua of late? Any info or tips, planning a trip end of next month.

I went earlier in the year and used Evolution Dive Resort, can't say enough good things about them very safe practices and professional. Plus a nice small resort with bar and restaurant on premises. If flying into Cebu and have a the money the resort can book a private van to take you North followed by your own water taxi that drops you right on resort beach front it costs about 100 dollars but well worth price. I did return trip by moped with gear to ferry, then moped to bus station for 6 hour ride to Cebu station then taxi to airport hotel and it took almost 7 hours compared to 3 to 4 by van.

I was looking into them but they never replied to my email, maybe I’ll call. Yea that option of them providing transport seems like a solid idea to save the time.

Hi Aleem,

Sorry to hear you didn't get a reply to your email. That's very unusual. If you want to give me your email address then I'll make sure you get an email with all the info you need.

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi Aleem,

We received your email on June 15 last year and replied the next morning. I have resent it to you in case it never went through the first time, and I'm happy to answer any questions here(PM) if you like.

cheers,

Matt.

Hi Aleem,

We received your email on June 15 last year and replied the next morning. I have resent it to you in case it never went through the first time, and I'm happy to answer any questions here(PM) if you like.

cheers,

Matt.
I sent another one a couple weeks ago, but I received the new one, thank you for the quick response.

+1 for Evolution. Done rescue and some tec courses there. Very professional operation with very nice people.

If u get the chance make the daytrip to Kalanggaman island. Good diving and very beautiful place.

I wonder about the weather December-Feb in Malapascua. I don't mind low visibility if it means more pelagic species but don't want to be in the middle of a hurricane. Can anyone advise about this time of year? Thanks

It not that easy to say in Philippines. It look like you live in Thailand and there you have much more predictable seasons. In Philippines you can get tropical storms all year round. Most storms come July to October. In December to February it's not common to have storms but they had a few this December so you never know

Typhoon as late as Boxing Day but I never heard severe storm in Jan and Feb. However, the North East Monsoon can make the boat journey uncomfortable.
Overall, end of Feb is FINE with me.

Back
Top Bottom