Mammoth Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pinti

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anybody gone diving in Mamoth Lake? Everything about it so far looks good. I've seen some dive videos on youtube and the visibility looked decent. Just curious if there is something I should know about it

OK.. the vis 2 weeks ago was 25 ft in the mid to south parts.. I'd call that awesome for mammoth lake.

Wow that's great! Thank you so much

and I would report good conditions. 90 degree water with 10 to 15 vis. and around here this time of year you can usually expect some serious algae in the water with the heat and sun. They are attempting to curtail the algae by treating the water and using an aeration system. I don't know the hows or whatfors, but they are doing everything else right. Great for south Texas in the middle of summer. Great place to go. Lots of covered spots to set up gear. They have a nice map at the shop to identify the tons of things there are to see. Boats, firetrucks, King Kong, a space shuttle thing, some kinda jet and the list goes on. Lot's of big bass, perch and catfish. On site primitive camping and they said showers on on their "to-do" list. They also have a great restaurant on site. Well worth the 15$ park entry and 10$ fills. The shop has undergone a facelift since I was there last year, and they are stocking tons of ScubaPro gear and there is a guy on site who can service regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom