Man attacked by shark off Maui beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dead humpback off the Kona coast seems to have attracted even a great white.

Wildcard:
Whinnie the pooh....Betwent typs and a total lack of ability to spel........:shakehead

eh? atwhay areyay ouyay ayingsay? Iyay antcay underyahandstay anyyayingthay ouyay ustjay ypedtay.

-----

Mike.

Lots of turtles at Ulua this morning and the vis has gotten tons better. I shoulda brought the camera.

Maybe sharks go away

Al Mialkovsky:
Lots of turtles at Ulua this morning and the vis has gotten tons better. I shoulda brought the camera.

Maybe sharks go away

BIG DITTO! brought the camera, but thought it was going to be so so. i left it in truck. Windy, rain this morning, hasn't been good. boy i was wrong. ulua - beautifull leaf scorpion, froggie, turtles, yellow margin eel, octos.

oh by the way... monk seal at 5 graves. nice, large one. swimming around playing

I haven't seen a Monk seal this time around, glad to hear a healthy one is close by.

Was that leaf scorpion in very shallow water? I saw one there the past couple of days blowing around in the surge.

about 40 yrd from the turtle cleaning station as your heading back to reef 1 ulua side. smaller size, but standing proud.

The one we spotted was closer to shore so more than likely it was a different one.

Tomorrow we are off to Molokini again and hopefully we'll see a ton O sharks there as usual :)

Haven't read the boards in a while, and I noticed this thread.

I was actually out snorkelling at Ulua the day of the attack when a DLNR officer in an inflatable boat motored over to us. He asked us to stay close to shore because of the attack. I asked him if it was a tiger and he said probably. I definitely did not go back to shore, but I was looking around the whole time I was out there. I'd love to see a tiger, one of the only sharks I haven't seen here on Maui. I figured that repeat attacks were probably less common than single attacks, so I didn't have too much to worry about!

Back
Top Bottom