Man is killed in shark attack in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So sad. Lund is a real courageous hero.

still trying to process all this.

I have surfed there. My daughter surfs there.

RIP, Man. Very sad. And so odd. Where do we direct the anger? (we don't kite yet.)

Anger is a common emotion after tragic events.

When we hear of shark bites on fellow divers, we can usually understand why it happened, as there are typically aggravating circumstances that make a shark attack more likely (spearfishing, shark feeding, chumming, etc.)

But this kite surfer seemed to have done nothing to invite a shark attack. He wasn't asking for it. That makes it all the more rare, and certainly tragic.

Anger is a common emotion after tragic events.
Yeah, if you're involved.

But this kite surfer seemed to have done nothing to invite a shark attack. He wasn't asking for it. That makes it all the more rare, and certainly tragic.
Maybe you think "he wasn't asking for it" but I'm pretty sure the shark doesn't differentiate between a diver, a kite surfer or a sea lion. He was swimming in the shark's environment. That makes him prey. No different than any other shark-related death. Clearly the shark thought he was food.

Yeah, if you're involved.

Oh, i don't know fastbottoms, I think everyone has different triggers when these sorts of things happen. Certainly all of us have a feeling that it is tragic, and it makes all of us feel more vulnerable.

Every time there is a fatal car crash, I am a bit shellshocked and upset. I don't know these people either, but I know what they are going through as that is how my Dad died 21 years ago.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom