Man is killed in shark attack in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So sad. Lund is a real courageous hero.

He was just on the O'Reilly Factor, pretty brave guy. Paddled out a quarter of a mile to get him, wrapped up in the kite all bloody and paddled him back while seeing 2-3 sharks around him (that he could see any way's).

He was just on the O'Reilly Factor, pretty brave guy. Paddled out a quarter of a mile to get him, wrapped up in the kite all bloody and paddled him back while seeing 2-3 sharks around him (that he could see any way's).

Fact is, this is such an odd occurance.
The lifeguard has actually been bitten before while surfing. Any of us who surfs has seen sharks. Anybody swimming or bathing (with polarized glasses knows) is in the water with sharks.

This is so hard to swallow. I have known a number who have been bitten and released. (mistaken identity). And most of us have laid out on our boards. My daughter is so programmed (by me) that it is non issue. I find myself conflicted. My daughter does not kite, but she likes to set up way outside from the line up on her surfboard. I am puckering now as I type. I am uncomfortable myself paddling out with her, now more so.

Now this. One of the most respected locals dead from a shark!

RIP Brother.

I think it is very sad of course and my condolences to his friends and family. However, I by no means see it as "tragic" in the classical sense of the word. A person's death is sad, especially when it happens to someone of relative youth (which includes all except those in nursing homes from my "mature" perspective.

Angry? Be angry at the Creator or whoever you worship... of course it won't get you anywhere.

Aww cmon Split, a lot of us foreigners have been invading the Conch Divers space lately. Crazy people in here.

LOL.

L, the NC crew is always welcome.

You guys Grock.

Can't believe I got caught up in this. One of our people is dead. :idk:
But you know me. :)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread reopened. Further personal attacks will result in being excluded from the thread

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom