maniguin and panagatan cays?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CLA

Reaction score
Hi!

Has anyone gone diving in maniguin and panagatan cays? I was checking out the explorerfleet website and they offer a liveaboard trips to these sites from July to Feb. Would like to know your personl experience and how it compares with other liveaboard dive destinations. Any unique attractions? The fact that it's offered during our Amihan season (Dec-Feb) makes it an interesting option for me.

Thanks in advance.

Cathy

CLA:
Hi!

Has anyone gone diving in maniguin and panagatan cays? I was checking out the explorerfleet website and they offer a liveaboard trips to these sites from July to Feb. Would like to know your personl experience and how it compares with other liveaboard dive destinations. Any unique attractions? The fact that it's offered during our Amihan season (Dec-Feb) makes it an interesting option for me.

Thanks in advance.

Cathy
try this link http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Paradise/3415/maniguin.html

Hank49 knows more though..

Thanks for the link Caloy. Seems like an good alternative to 2ba for pelagics during the 2ba off-season. Will try to find more info on it.

Maybe I should stop browsing the boards. Can't decide na tuloy which diving destinations to visit for 2006. In the Philippines alone there are so many places to go - but I have so little time. How I wish summer were longer this year.

clgsamson:
Same here Cathy...our dive trip plans though for 2006 are Southern Leyte and Dumaguete (including Apo Island).

Mine is for 2bba this summer (for pelagics) then Dumaguete later in the year (for macro). By Southern Leyte are do you mean Ticao? There's a newly-opened resort in Ticao which features manta dives for very reasonable rates. My family went to Donsol last year for to see the whale sharks but I wasn't able to dive Ticao. I believe there's a thread about it in the "trips" section - you might want to check it out.

Re Dumaguete, a lot of SB members seem interested. Do you think PPD will organize a trip? If so, sama ako.

Cathy

CLA:
Mine is for 2bba this summer (for pelagics) then Dumaguete later in the year (for macro). By Southern Leyte are do you mean Ticao? There's a newly-opened resort in Ticao which features manta dives for very reasonable rates. My family went to Donsol last year for to see the whale sharks but I wasn't able to dive Ticao. I believe there's a thread about it in the "trips" section - you might want to check it out.

Re Dumaguete, a lot of SB members seem interested. Do you think PPD will organize a trip? If so, sama ako.

Cathy
i might do ticao late feb or early march... singit lang dive if ever but i'll be sure to give you a heads-up! we can probably meet there

Jag

shugar:
i might do ticao late feb or early march... singit lang dive if ever but i'll be sure to give you a heads-up! we can probably meet there

Jag

That would be great! I'm going to Manila mid-Marchand I might have time to do Ticao then. In case you go earlier, tell me how your dive went. I would hesitate to go if the manta sightings aren't a sure thing. It would be nice if there were other things to see - in case you miss the mantas.

Cathy

CLA:

Cathy
Southern Leyte - Limasawa Island, Sogod Bay area.

Here see this SB link http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=123158

Dumaguete dive? I'l try to haul in some divers...abangan po.

What is the DIVER FEE for Maniguin Island??????

clgsamson:
Dumaguete dive? I'l try to haul in some divers...abangan po.
Yehey!

and as for diving with whale sharks- now that sounds even better. I hope the sightings are as frequent as in Donsol. In Donsol, we were told that the best time to see whale sharks and mantas was March to May because by June madalang na. What's the best time for Sogod Bay area? Maybe that's where thay migrate after coming from Donsol.

Cathy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom