maniguin and panagatan cays?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was as much a hint to get back to the thread as it is a question. Ok lang.....we be cool and relaxed naman.

JD, the conservation fee for maniguin is P100.00. Pretty cheap compared to 2bba

Cathy

Is that a 100 pesos per day? ...or what?

It's funny...I have the Ordinance in my hand that clearly states 200 pesos per diver (or snorkel enthusiast) to be paid at the municipality. Amazing how we govern this land!!!!

I don't know the price of the liveaboard you're going on but if it's near the price of Tubattaha, I would choose Tubattaha. It's a bit more pristine. I've done Maniguin a bunch of times and the first times we just took a banka out of the little village right there on West Panay. We had tanks and a compressor and camped there. I guess maybe it's changed though. I went there a bunch of times out of Boracay too. Do they still do the seaweed farming there? We speared a big dogtooth tuna and split it up with the people there. It's a great place. I watched Kahutec, or whatever that comet's name was back in 97, from there.
Panagatan I've done only once. This was in 99 and we were with Victory Diver's boat...a bunch of instructors just having fun. I wasn't that impressed. It did have a deep wall that STARTED at 50 meters. Lots of big stuff down there but there was a strong current going back away from the wall. But you can get there out of Boracay too in about 4-5 hours I believe. But call Victor (at Victory). He has scouted a lot of those places. And tell him he can have Gina at Aquarius now. haha.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom