Mares annual servicing nightmares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

During the past five years, I have not had a single issue with parts availability. IMHO, time to find a new dealer...

Greg Barlow

Well I guess I haven't been looking hard enough. Every year I get on the Internet and search for a new dealer, and every year I seem to run into the same problem no matter where I send the regs.

I had Scubaboard at my fingertips, and I didn't use this resource. Idiot.

i dont know how old your regs are, but if the free parts program ended after the first two years, it would not be a bad idea.

as mentioned above airtech has a nice repair program. three days long and covers a lot. one i am thinking of taking in the future.

hardest thing about being a mares tech is having an afilation with a shop. find a local shop that would be willing to send you, and any new reg you get from them will at least be covered by the warenty.

Hey Harry when ya plan on ice? I'm heading to Muncie to help teach an ice class at the end of Jan and then 2nd week of Feb in Ohio. I'm sure there's room in either. Let me know. I need a few more dives anyway and this will allow me to begin to teach the class myself. You can be my Guinea Pig, I mean part of my internship!

Hey Harry when ya plan on ice? I'm heading to Muncie to help teach an ice class at the end of Jan and then 2nd week of Feb in Ohio. I'm sure there's room in either. Let me know. I need a few more dives anyway and this will allow me to begin to teach the class myself. You can be my Guinea Pig, I mean part of my internship!

Count me in!

Your current dive shop are obviously telling you anything and everything to avoid doing the work you want them to! i would strongly suggest you take them elsewhere! Next thing you know, they will be trying to sell you new regs...:no:

They obviously didn't even try to get the parts... Since Mares have thousands in stock! I just hate reading about things like this... It's a disgrace to the industry...:dork2:

Harry,
The facility you left your regulator to be serviced with has been an inactive account for approximately 3 years. This would explain the delay.

Listed below is a dealer in WV that has been through our Lab program and should have no problems servicing your regulators in the future. They are also listed on our website under the Dealer Network tab.

I hope this helps.

Sincerley,

DIVERS TRAINING & SUPPLY
304-545-2125
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/de...=WV&continent=2&city=&type=dealers&region=USA
1418 MACCORKEL AVE SW
CHARLESTON, WV 25303

Harry,
The facility you left your regulator to be serviced with has been an inactive account for approximately 3 years. This would explain the delay.

Listed below is a dealer in WV that has been through our Lab program and should have no problems servicing your regulators in the future. They are also listed on our website under the Dealer Network tab.

I hope this helps.

Sincerley,

DIVERS TRAINING & SUPPLY
304-545-2125
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/de...=WV&continent=2&city=&type=dealers&region=USA
1418 MACCORKEL AVE SW
CHARLESTON, WV 25303

Yes, the dive shop explained to me that, despite what they told me initially, there are not a Mares servicing shop.

I am familiar with Diver's Training and Supply, I didn't know they were still in business. It is basically a hunting/outdoor shop with a small corner that has a few scuba items. It doesn't inspire confidence.

Doc Harry,

I swapped from another brand to Mares MR22 Abyss because this is one of the easiest high-end regulators for servicing : few o-rings, almost no special tools needed (apart from a 5.5 mm hollow Allen screwdriver) and schematics easy to find.

So I can more easily service (or tune, or repair ...) my regs myself, and the toolbox remains small.

The Proton is a bit more complicated than the Abyss but the V32 is quite alike the MR22.

DOC, if you don,t have an inspiring Mares dealer nearby for servicing, send them in to Scubatoys by mail! They will take great care of you; their service is impeccable....:coffee:

Yes, the dive shop explained to me that, despite what they told me initially, there are not a Mares servicing shop.

I am familiar with Diver's Training and Supply, I didn't know they were still in business. It is basically a hunting/outdoor shop with a small corner that has a few scuba items. It doesn't inspire confidence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom