Mares Axis Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with servicing the MARES Axis 2nd stages? Anyone have PDF Service Manuals for them?

My question is, how do the front covers remove from the 2nd stage body on these? Screw in/out? Pop off?

I don't have a manual but I do have the reg. Seems to be a pop off activated by a button on the starboard side of the housing.

Really? I can't find any buttons on the starboard side of the reg?

If I recall correctly, the face plate on a Mares Axis can be screwed off after pulling out the small plastic pin that keeps the screw-off face locked in place.

ifukuda,
Yup, your right...I found it. Man, these are these mighty simple regs. Its an easy reg to overhaul.

Question...

I have a copy of Vance Harlow's "Scuba Regulator Maint & Repair" book and am now ordering tools and parts to service my two MARES MR-12 Axis' regulators.

My question is, do I need any special In-Line Adjusting Tool for this 2nd stage?

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
Question...

I have a copy of Vance Harlow's "Scuba Regulator Maint & Repair" book and am now ordering tools and parts to service my two MARES MR-12 Axis' regulators.

My question is, do I need any special In-Line Adjusting Tool for this 2nd stage?

No just an allen key make sure when adjusting the orifice to depress the lever so you don't cut in to the seat!

Good luck

( and yes they are simple regs)

Len

ninja,
All I see in my book is an adjustment for the lever. Page 66 explains the 'Single Adjustment Seconds' - and thats what I think the Axis is....

Vance says "..so the only adjustment necessary when tuning this 2nd is the lever height, which is adjusted (usually) using the nut on the end of the threaded poppet shank."

???

I don't think these have any orifice adjustments...

ninja,
Ahh, I also see on p. 67 that some regs are 'Two Adjustment' Seconds, and if the Axis IS one of these, there will be a hex orifice as well.

Question IS, how much tension should be on the adjustable orifce spring?

Scoobie Doo - sorry about wording my response wrong, I guess it's not technically a button, I meant the pin thingy.

Out of curiousity - where did you order the parts from you mentioned??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom