Mares ICON HD - Dive site maps??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Rick,

It was the first thing that I thought when I read of the functions of this computer.

Thanks for the confirmation.

ok, just got my new Icon HD today :D , and would like to know what format the maps have to be in, to be able to upload them?.....do I have to convert them to jpg format, the same as the pics, or can I use a PDF file? :idk:

Hi all, Sorry for not responding sooner, I somehow missed this one. The map feature of the Icon HD is a topographical image of the bottom floor of divesite. This could be in the form of a wreck, divesite, etc... The image should be in jpeg format. We are working with a company www.arttomedia.com to provide underwater maps of popular locations. It is my understanding they will be offering this feature by DEMA next week. I cannot confirm today that they are ready though. I will post as soon as I can confirm. Alternatively, you can scan from a book, draw your own, etc.. and download into the Icon.

The maps are to be used as a reference. They are not interactive in relation to your position. As someone mentioned previously, GPS signal does not penetrate water. These maps can be accessed while diving or on the surface.

I hope you enjoy this new technology in diving computers! :)

Happy diving.

Hi all, here is the update. We now have a few free map downloads from various dive sites around the world, including N. America see this Mares - just add water We will continue to offer new maps on a day to day basis, so feel free to check back now and again. In addition to these free maps, you can visit Product Catalog for a broader selection to be downloaded for a nominal fee. I hope you get a chance to play with this new feature in diving computers.

Best regards,

That's great news! I just wish Art2Media had informed me of their partnership as I just purchased several of those Florida maps from them... for a nominal fee.

Oh well.

I purchased the Icon HD computer under the impression the air integration would have been here spring of 2010 as indicated by Mares. Well it's October and still nothing? I have tried to search for contact for Mares regarding the matter. The website doesnt say much about it. Does anyone know or have heard anything? I like the computer but would have gone with another brand had I known this....

you can download those maps from art-to-media. what i have also done is scanned all of my paper maps and have downloaded them to my icon. I LOVE MY ICON !!!!!

I purchased the Icon HD computer under the impression the air integration would have been here spring of 2010 as indicated by Mares. Well it's October and still nothing? I have tried to search for contact for Mares regarding the matter. The website doesnt say much about it. Does anyone know or have heard anything? I like the computer but would have gone with another brand had I known this....

sorry. you should go back and read the other threads on the subject. it is now estimated spring of '11.

Back
Top Bottom