Mares Icon HD Net Ready Connect USB to Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This sounds like a major pain. Have they worked out the kinks yet? :banghead:

Anybody tried this with the non-AI version of the Icon?

I only have the AI version. It is honestly not that big a deal, except for the need to use the PC version of the software for firmware updates and maps. Macdive works superbly, and the import into Dive Log is spotless.

I only have the AI version. It is honestly not that big a deal, except for the need to use the PC version of the software for firmware updates and maps. Macdive works superbly, and the import into Dive Log is spotless.

Thanks for this mblazer. As you and other members have already pointed out, there's a substantial user base of people using Mac. One would think Mares would want to ensure a decent relationship with them.

FWIW, Zak's weighed in on this on another thread.

For now this is all academic for me, as I'm still waiting for my Icon to come back with the battery replaced. With luck I'll get to try it out within the next couple of months.

Ok so I just got my Mares Icon HD Net Ready. Used my PC and downloaded the Dive Organizer from Mares.com
Successfully managed to upgrade the firmware on the ICON.

Since I want to use my Mac Book Im posting this post.
Mares does not support Dive Organizer for MAC. The do link to the Divers Diary that I downloaded.
That does only say that my Icon HD is connected to the USB but It does not interact.

So I tried the MAC Dive. That doesnt work either. I only get a error message when I try to download info from the ICON.

Im running the latest of everything. OSX 10.8.2 etc
This is really bugging me! Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I suggest you contact Nick Shore at Macdive: support@mac-dive.com

I can only say that I've had no issues through the last several versions. You also indicate that you "tried" Macdive. Not sure it will work if you didn't pay for it.

Yes. I tried the Trial version. That is limited to only allow to download 5 dives. So thats ok. Thanks for the advice about the support.

Got The Icon HD AI to download do Divers Diary using the version on appstore and some re-installing. I can download the info from the Icon to Divers Diary but I cant upload pictures or Maps. That I still need to use my PC to do. Thanks mBlazer for support.
The Mac-Dive is not working at all for me but they are working on it. I hope

Got The Icon HD AI to download do Divers Diary using the version on appstore and some re-installing. I can download the info from the Icon to Divers Diary but I cant upload pictures or Maps. That I still need to use my PC to do. Thanks mBlazer for support.
The Mac-Dive is not working at all for me but they are working on it. I hope

No, Divers Diary doesn't support pictures or maps yet. I've been in touch with both Mares and the software developer, and those functions are coming ... one of these days. The good news is that it works on my Mac, talks to my Icon HD, and doesn't seem to mind that I'm using the non-AI version.

I just made a new installation of OSX and formated my HDD. Now Mac-Dive works!:) Still I will need to install win 7 as well to be able to use Dive Organizer to upload maps and pictures to my Icon.

I just made a new installation of OSX and formated my HDD. Now Mac-Dive works!:) Still I will need to install win 7 as well to be able to use Dive Organizer to upload maps and pictures to my Icon.

Remember that you will have to do that either with Bootcamp or with a virtual machine like Parallels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom