Mares Icon HD...nitrox options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uksub

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I really like the look of this computer, but I would like to know the nitrox options...
how many mixes?
can I swap mixes u/w?
what is the max % I can set?

As I said, I really like the look of this.........I just hope it can deliver in the nitrox dept!

HI UK.

Yes we like the looks of this computer as well. Very exciting....

The answers to your questions are as follows.

3 mixes
Upto 100%
Yes you can switch underwater.

Hope you find these answers to your liking.

Best regards,

oh boy, looks like this is going on the shopping list, then! :wink:
Awesome!!!

just one more thing......will this be available in the U.K?

Yes absolutely available in the U.K... :)

cheers Zak....:cool3:

Do you know how the reprogrammability is planned to be used? Any prospect of buying this now and being able to upgrade to trimix? In a quandary with the Suunto Helo2 being out too!

Barron,

I am not sure what you mean by reprogrammability? If you are referring to potential future upgrades, we are offering these as patches to be directly downloaded from the Mares website. As of today, I have not heard of plans to support trimix. Please note this does not mean it is out of the question. We are working diligently to produce enough computers to keep up with demand, and when we are caught up, this may be something we look closely at. Theoretically it would not be hard to implement with our firmware patch capabilities.

Best regards,

Hi Zak, Thanks for the reply. I guess it depends on how much more the processor and memory have to cope with, for the upgrades. How much memory is available for the images which I understand can be loaded onto it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom