Mares Icon HD with skinny bare arms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terrylowe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi...just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem.

I ordered the Mares Icon HD....which is such a cool dive computer.

Finally took it out this weekend. The water was warm, so I wore a shorty. I mounted the computer on my left forearm. I tightened it as much as I could comfortably tolerate without cutting off circulation to my hand.

After a few minutes the computer would slip all over my arm. The screen would be turned the wrong way and I would have to adjust it to see it. This is not a major problem but would be nice to see computer information with just a glance and not having to fumble with it. I am used to a dive watch which stays in place, but switched to this computer so I could see the screen. (Old age.....)

Any suggestions? Grow a bigger arm? Super glue? Velcro?

I'm not familiar with the current strap mounting options on the Icon, but you might be able to replace the original strap with some 1/8" shock cord. Just run the cord under the wrist strap pins and tie knots in the end so it wont slip out. I use two shock cords on my VR3 and it stays in place just fine.

Hi Terry,
Did you use the included comfort wrist acessory? It is designed to be worn when using thin or no exposure protection. If this was not thick enough, then perhaps procurring a scrap piece of 1/4" neoprene, cutting out 2 slits to accomodate each strap. This could work.

Hope this helps.

Best,

It is there. small circular shaped piece of finished neoprene. Straps run through either side, and it sits under the computer / on your wrist.

I found it Zak....so THAT is what that thingy-a-ma-bob-doo-dad is!
Will give it a try this weekend.

I used mine this weekend in the florida springs and that wrist pad works P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!!!

The wrist thing is great and it solves the gap problem nicely however it would have been really nice if the owners manual would have mentioned what it was instead of me having the same problem of loose fit and deciding to experiment it to see if it would help fill the gap.

The wrist thing is great and it solves the gap problem nicely however it would have been really nice if the owners manual would have mentioned what it was instead of me having the same problem of loose fit and deciding to experiment it to see if it would help fill the gap.

:) Funny...I was trying to put it on the FACE of the computer...thought it was for storage protection or something. I'm glad you mentioned it was not in the manual as I was beginning to wonder..."If I missed that in the manual....then what else did I miss?".

Back
Top Bottom