Mares Limited Edition Morphos Metal Tech BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cummje:
I too just got this BC in the mail from Scubatoys. (great service!) This thing is huge to me. I ordered a Medium since I fit other Mares BC's in an M size (6 ft 2, 180 lbs, 42 inch chest, 33 inch waist). But the aircell that wraps around seems on the big side. Is is just supposed to hang loose at the waist like it does when there's hardly any air in it? I thought it'd fit a bit snugger. Just wondering if it's supposed to be so loose. I can't imagine someone my size needing a small and I hate the thought of theaircell just flapping around creating a ton of drag. Any insights? Hope I've given enough info.
Cummje,
Med should be your size. Small would simply be to small. There is a lot of adjustability in the cumberbun. You can take it in and out about 4-5 inches between both sides. Also you can extend the torso. If you look between the Air Cell and Back Pack (where the torso attaches) you will see the webbing goes through the backpack. There are two positions for the BC. Your body size is right around where one would consider putting the torso in the upper most position. That might position the sides a little better? Hard to say with out seeing it on you. Just an idea. I'd try the cumberbun first. Hope that helps.

Best,

Cummje:
Is is just supposed to hang loose at the waist like it does when there's hardly any air in it? I thought it'd fit a bit snugger. Just wondering if it's supposed to be so loose.

One of the big reasons why some divers prefer a back inflated BCD. The amount of air in the bladder never squeezes or gets loose around you since it is independent of how the BC fits. You should try one and see if you like it.

I see. The cumberbund fits fine and I found the adjustment for the cumberbund. It's the air cell that is a bit loose when not fully inlated. I have it pulled as tight as it will go. Fully inflated it's snug. But when not fully inflated it flaps around. Admittedly, I haven't had it in the water yet. Really nice BC, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom