Mares Mobby ICE Fit 4.0 Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi JWIZ,

Thanks for your support of Mares products! I'll try to answer your question.

• The Icefit suit is a great drysuit. It is made of a compressed neoprene material. It essentially is 8mm neoprene compressed to approx 4mm thickness. The suit by itself offers thermal protection of an 8mm suit, with the flexibility of a 4mm. Inside lining is a proprietary material affording a little extra warmth, and with the appropriate layers of undergarments this is a very toasty suit. In comparison to what you are currently using, the Icefit will be more tailored and streamlined in the water reducing drag. Also due to the material difference (neoprene, vs shell type) you should also notice extra flexibility and comfort.
  • The boots are similar to that of a shoe with a hard sole that flexes for good stability, and a vulcanized protective cover on the top running up into the shin for durability.
  • All seals are latex.
  • We utilize Sytek valves for dependable venting and inflation.
  • The LP inflator hose has one tab on either side for easier disconnect while wearing gloves.
  • The suit comes with suspenders for support while diving and inbetween dives.
  • Suit comes with a drybag for storage inbetween dives
  • Comes with a heavy duty YKK back zipper
  • Comes with a nice collar and wrist cuffs with zippers for extra thermal protection over the latex seals
At the end of the day this is an excellent suit at a great price. Very high quality and will last a long time. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask and I'll do my best.

Happy Holidays!
I tried to find a sizing chart for this suit in women's sizes but could not. Do you have a sizing chart and what temp range is this suit for and what acessories do I need? This is my first look into dry suits and is it a "true" dry suit?

Where do I buy a Mares Ice Fit in the US?, My dive shop, an authorized Mares dealer, tells me they are not available in the US.

Your dealer is correct. We discontinued offering these drysuits in N. America some time ago. It may be possible to find a store still offering these from their stock. Otherwise, I'm afraid you may have to search even further. Thanks for asking.

Sincerely,

Zak

HI Zak,

I sent you a PM, but then saw this thread. I am interested in the Ice Fit but the size chart shows only 5'8" for women. I am 5'10" so do you know if this suit would fit me?

Thanks

Hi, The sizing charts are really for reference only and nothing will compare to actually trying one on. It is very hard to know for sure, but I think your 5'10" will work.

Note: we have discontinued offering this suit in the U.S. / N. America and are completely out of stock from our side. If you can find one either in store or cyberspace, I would suggest you try it on to determine fit. My suggestion would be to make sure whomever you deal with, will offer you a return should it not fit appropriately.

This is a fantastic suit, if you can find one that fits. Thanks for asking!

I hope this helps.

Best

I am thinking of buying the suit online and having it shipped to the US, so I cant try it on before buying. How accurate is the Mares Mens Ice Fit size chart? are the measurements on the chart supposed to by mine? eg I am height 182 cm, chest 105 cm, waist 80cm, shoe Eu 44, That would suggest the Medium, is there sufficient room for undergarments and range of motion? Thanks

Hi, The size chart is pretty accurate for the suit. To address your comment regarding undergarments. This is a tough question as there are so many options and philosophies re: undergarments. The question is how cold is the water you will be diving most often. This suit provides quite a bit of thermal protection on its own. My philosophy re: undergarments is to layer with multiple thin underwear. The suit on it's own is very flexible and when layered appropriately to suit your diving enviornment it should be great. I will tend to error a little on the large size to provide room for the underlayers. I'm a fan of separate top and bottom polartec (type) undergarments. Usually a nice top and bottom, and a vest will give you all the protection needed with the option to remove or layer depending upon the conditions. In addition this keeps a lower profile, while trapping less air in the suit, resulting in less weight needed to maintain a proper bouyancy.

I hope this helps.

Best,

HI Zak,

I sent you a PM, but then saw this thread. I am interested in the Ice Fit but the size chart shows only 5'8" for women. I am 5'10" so do you know if this suit would fit me?

Thanks

I got the Ice Fit She Dives XL suit. The fit seems pretty good except the torso and boots. I don't have large breasts and in most cases it seems designers assume tall women have large breasts. The boots are a little big. I am a 42-43 Euro/ 10-11 US and the boots have some weird sizing 10-28 and are probably about a size 12 US. I figure I can layer with neoprene booties or socks. Some one on the boards did comment that the body sizing was snug. It is a little snug through the hips, but not so much that I won't be able to wear some sort of thermal leggings.

I haven't gotten into the water yet, but am looking forward to some dry dives in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom