Mares Puck PC Cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That would be nice, but unfortunately my soldering skills are not sufficient for SMD :wink:
But picture 105232468.jpg looks interesting. How is the adapter fastened to the computer?

Just one more question:
I want to use the cable for a Puck Pro. On the back of the Puck Pro there are two screws which are labeled "PC". Are these screws already the electrical contacts or do I have to remove the screws to get access to the electrical contacts?

Multiple posts in this thread mentioned that the schematic also works for the Puck Pro, see here:
click, click, click, click, click, click and click. :wink:

So my question from Post #73 lasts: :wink:

Just one more question:
I want to use the cable for a Puck Pro. On the back of the Puck Pro there are two screws which are labeled "PC". Are these screws already the electrical contacts or do I have to remove the screws to get access to the electrical contacts?

Are these screws already the electrical contacts or do I have to remove the screws to get access to the electrical contacts?

I don't have a Puck Pro but I would not expect to have to remove any screws. They provide the interface cable as a clip, it would be odd to need a screwdriver to use the interface cable.

Are they metal screws?

Yep, you were right, these screws are the contacts.

I built it with the following components (less than 6€ in Germany):
- CP2102 Breakout Board
- BAT 43 diode
- SN74HC132N Schmitt trigger
- striped PCB - see the attached picture for the PCB layout (Important note: some conducting paths are cut through (beneath the ICs).)

It works with my Puck Pro! :)
Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!

Attachments

• Mares_Puck_Pro_PC_Interface_PCB_Layout.jpg
    Mares_Puck_Pro_PC_Interface_PCB_Layout.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 994
  • Mares_Puck_Pro_PC_Interface.jpg
    Mares_Puck_Pro_PC_Interface.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 872
  • Mares_Puck_Pro_PC_Interface_PCB_Layout_only.png
    Mares_Puck_Pro_PC_Interface_PCB_Layout_only.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 923
Last edited:
Thank you Bryscus, AndrewStick, and others, for your valuable conversation here.

I'm planning to attempt a PC interface with an Arduino Leonardo I have kicking around, as the microprocessor has UART capabilities.

I'll let you know if I have any luck going this route.

Just posting to say a big thanks to Bryscus and everyone else that contributed to this thread. I got my cable working last night and I'm super happy about it.

Back
Top Bottom