Marissa Charters to Install Nitrox and Trimix Mixing Station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the picture they posted on their Facebook site, it looks like they purchased an EnviroDive Nitrox Stik.

If it is the Nitrox Stik, the whole air bank becomes EANx given O2 up to 40% is added to the input side of the compressor. I'm assuming multiple compressors/air banks or single compressor/multiple air banks would be used onboard or some mechanism to split/isolate the existing air bank into two to provide both EANx and standard air.

Dwayne

MOST of the major players in San Diego have nitrox available to their boats. Marissa (as per the original poster), Lois Ann, Humboldt, and Horizon. What other boat are ya lookin' for?

MOST of the major players in San Diego have nitrox available to their boats. Marissa (as per the original poster), Lois Ann, Humboldt, and Horizon. What other boat are ya lookin' for?

Available-to and done-on-board are not the same thing.

Also, note the OP: this is nitrox and trimix. Last I was on Lois Ann, I didn't see any T's of He lying around...

Quite right, Blackwood. I was only referring to Nitrox. Having Trimix on-board is quite a coup for any boat catering to the tech crowd.

So then, as far as nitrox is concerned: Marissa, Lois Ann, and Horizon have nitrox available on-board. Humboldt does it on land before the trip.

Cheers,

Bill

The onboard tri-mix capability IMHO is the really big news. That capability is what will truly set them apart for other boats and will help enable them to solidify a leadership position for the "tech" business.

I was forwarded a text message from Capt. Brandon yesterday stating that they are presently working very hard on getting the new system installed and that they are hoping to have it operational within the next few weeks.

Quite right, Blackwood. I was only referring to Nitrox. Having Trimix on-board is quite a coup for any boat catering to the tech crowd.

And to be fair, I'm skeptical about the 'mix (hence my "if it works well" post).

I suspect it may be adequate for the CCR crowd, but for us OC guys I don't think they'll be able to carry enough gas (not to mention the time it would take to blend gas and fill a full charter's worth of doubles).

Back
Top Bottom