Marriott on Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjames

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
We have a crew coming down to Cayman for Spring Break (only place we could find that we could use points to fly to). My question is does the Marriott have a beach again. I had a friend that went down several years ago and it had been washed away.

Also, any recommendations for dive ops? I dove with Red Sail last time and it was a cattle boat ran by a brand new PADI instructor (==clueless and uptight) that kept us to a 45 minute bottom time. To make matters worse, their boat died right inside the harbor and we had a cruise ship screaming at us to get the hell out of the way. Needless to say, I want to avoid this shop. We'll probably go beach dive at least one day by the harbor, but want to get some decent diving in as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have always had good diving with Fisheye.

cjames:
My question is does the Marriott have a beach again.
A few weeks ago I would have definitely said yes, but we had a serious bout of northerly winds which may have eroded whatever was left, or to the contrary built up more beach. It seems to come and go from there. Not sure what it will look like after this winter's Nor'westers are through.

Also, any recommendations for dive ops? I dove with Red Sail last time and it was a cattle boat ran by a brand new PADI instructor (==clueless and uptight) that kept us to a 45 minute bottom time.
Red Sail still has the watersports concession at the Marriott and the time bottom time you mention is pretty much par for the course there. If that is not to your tastes, I would suggest looking at DiveTech.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom