Marsh harbor, abaco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlynch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have any recommendations
Shops (nitrox Prefered)
Cab situation for hauling tanks
Rental cars available
Dive sites

Dive Abaco, A&P Auto Rentals & Rental Wheels, all in Marsh Harbour. Best to contact all in advance. Dive sites, Cruising Guide to Abaco by Steve Dodge.

My youngest son and I did our OW checkouts with Dive Abaco in 2007. Most of their dives sites are in the Fowl Cay Reserve. Keith Richards the owner did every dive trip with us. He really knows the area and the things to see. Great guy. They are located at the Conch Inn and Marina, which is also the ferry dock. We had a slip at the marina for a couple of months and dove with him a lot. They can do a package deal including a room or apartment. I would just use taxi's to get around or just walk.. Its not a big place. A side trip to Hopetown would be well worth the ferry ride.

A short ferry ride from Marsh Harbor will take you to Great Guana Cay. Troy at Dive Guana runs a nice operation there. His operation primarily dives the reefs north of Great Guana Cay.

Here is a link to a photo blog of our trip. Scroll down to see dive photos. Split Decision

We rented a house out on Bay Street towards the point, so if cabs are plentiful and the local reefs are good we're good on the days when we don't have the boat

---------- Post added January 9th, 2013 at 05:52 PM ----------

Anyone done the wrecks near marsh harbor?

Rob I returned the 2012 Guide to Abaco I got for Christmas and the 2013 is on the way.

We just need to nail down 10 tanks for a week now!

Will call today :)

We stayed at Lofty Fig, which is about a block from Dive Abaco. Clean rooms, adequately appointed and close to Snappas Bar and Grill. I would recommend Keith at Dive Abaco. He runs a good operation. Its just across the street from the Lofty Fig. We booked with him in December of 2010 and although the weather was horrible we still managed some diving. One day, when the weather was prohibitive for diving he took us to Little Harbour on the other end of the island. Its home to the famous Petes Pub and Foundry. Its a neat place to visit. Keith will take care of you!

Been out with Keith at Dive Abaco and Kay Politano with Above and Below Abaco a handful of times. They're both good ops but I prefer the service with Kay. Her shop is literally across the street from Keiths. Pay Kay a visit and if you're up against fowl weather some day, have her take you to the inland blue hole. It's a much more memorable experience then the diving out at Fowl Cay.

Enjoy your trip, Marsh Harbor is a fun place. Check out the Jib Room on Saturday night for a steak dinner and party complete with a competitive limbo dancer. Fun stuff.

can anyone comment on the reefs just east of marsh harbor along the Easter shores road?

Back
Top Bottom