Mask choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...What ever you buy, there is no way to know if it will not leak until you dive with it, preferably at depth and not in a pool.

True, but it's far more likely to fit well if he at least tries it on in a store & has a professional help him with it. Totally agree with finding a place that has a great return policy though.

Which shops You reccomend? Or maybe better to buy worse one but in stock in shop? Looking forward for Your opinions...
Options are:
- Atomic frameless 2
- Tusa freedom HD
- Scubapro Spectra
- Scubapro Solo

Definitely go and try. It is impossible to choose a good mask from reading ads or reviews. If you live in Merseyside, Manchester's Dive Life is not far from you. They had a pretty good selection of masks. Their online store has all masks of your selection but I don't know, whether they have them in stock. Call'em and ask. I went there for the Atomic Venom mask that is so highly praised in reviews but after trying I was much disappointed and purchased an Oceanic Shadow mask which fits perfectly and costs a fraction of it. BTW, one of the greatest instructors on the planet lives near Manchester and gets his air fills there. If you manage to meet him there, he might give you some advise - not only in choosing a mask.

Last edited:
Pay attention to the viewing field the mask permits.

If you can buy from a shop with a return policy I'd give the Atomic Frameless a go. Great FOV!

Back
Top Bottom