Maximum depth on the course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElBacio

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello,

When filling the form after the course one of the question for the instructor is the maximum depth during the course.
I wonder why this information is important for the agency?

Regards,

El Bacio

Hello,

When filling the form after the course one of the question for the instructor is the maximum depth during the course.
I wonder why this information is important for the agency?

Regards,

El Bacio

Checks and balances... most standards have a depth limit that MUST NOT be exceeded and a few have minimum depth limits... SDI Deep Specialty for example where dives must be deeper than 18 metres.

most standards have a depth limit that MUST NOT be exceeded and a few have minimum depth limits...

My students are often afraid that if we go down to max. i.e. 37 meters during Adv. Nitrox course they will not be qualified to 40m as in the standards.

As far as I understand, the real depth reached during the course has nothing or little to do with the qualifications.

El Bacio

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom