Maximum depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for that drbill. Can anyone else confirm for a fact that Padi Advance Open Water (or Rescue, which is what I am) officially "qualifies" me down to 40m for the big nasty insurance companies please????

Keep in mind that my original certification was not from PADI (it didn't exist when I started diving) but from Los Angeles County back in the 1960s. I didn't realize a PADI AOW cert allowed only a 100 ft (30 m) depth. I find it amusing that it takes three separate certs to reach the depth limit of 130 ft (40 m) although given the nature of most cert courses these days, I guess it does make sense. Glad my DAN insurance covers me to any (reasonable) depth. Must admit I'm totally unaware of what my life insurance covers since my Dad initially took it out for me before Cousteau and Gagnan created the demand regulator!

Was at the read sea recently and the operator asked for Deep certification for my AOW daughter. When I did it, it allowed me to dive to 40 meters but that was 20 years ago. Things have changed...............Just Put Another Dollar In, I guess :eyebrow:.

My European DAN, basic level, limits me to 40 meters :(

The red sea (atleast if you went to egypt) actually have LAWS regulating what you can and cannot do while diving. Which is probably a good thing given the sheer ammount of dives done there every single day and what the bottom is at many dive sites there...

don't confuse life insurance with medical insurance. life insurance gives your estate money after you are dead. medical insurance covers health issues while you are still alive.

when you apply for life insurance you will be asked about dangerous activities that may shorten your life expectancy. different activities may cause higher premiums (since you are more likely to die sooner than average) or refusual to insure you due to deemed high risk.

health insurance is similar in its cost structure. dangerous activities cost more. some are not insured. many insurance companies create well defined arbitrary limits for these various activities. they vary across companies and even products within the same company.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom