May 19-27 Anyone going to GC SMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove North Wall, Stingray City, East and Georgetown. Went with Frontier, Red Sail, Divers Down,
and Off the Wall. Kept saying we want to see alot of fish. Never happened.
Received other post from the GC Message board through Trip Advisior when we returned and they
said the same thing. Talked to folks who had not been there for 10 yrs and said the snorkeling
was no way what it was then.
Glad you have a good experience. They kept saying most of the Fish were West. We were staying
North and was told N and EE were the best.
Sandy

We dove the EE, North Side, Georgetown, Stingray City. I do think things have changed in 10 yrs.
Any ideas where to go next to see alot of fish like we were used to?
Thanks
Sandy

We just returned on Saturday and stayed at the Marriott like you are. Definitely rent a car, you'll save in eating around town. The Marriott food prices aren't even within the scheme of being remotely reasonable, even for a resort on a remote island. Burgers are 16.50CI which is about 22US. They had a deal last week for all "all you can eat buffet" for about 60$ person. Add drinks and tip and you're looking at 80+ each. Here's a picture of the buffet. You get the idea. Maybe they should try lowering prices.

Check out my other post of places we ate. By week's end, my wife and I had it down pat. Also, the Don Foster's deal may sound great, but most of the dive boats aren't even going out, they stay anchored all day, so you can negotiate deals with all the dive companies, just call the night before and see if you can hop aboard the next day.

We did see plenty of fish, Rays, Barracudas and up north several turtles. We also got to see a very brutal Moray Eel taking a parrot fish in the most gruesome of ways, it was quite exciting. The current at Stingray City was extreme and you had to wedge yourself into a rock to stay in one place. People were flopping all over the place and its amazing a mask or regulator wasn't lost. The North Wall diving was shut down due to high winds.

Attachments

• Picture 082.jpg
    Picture 082.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom