Mckenzie Bight photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there a little after 6 depending on traffic

Yes, I went back today. I was wanting to get some close-up video of stuff so I left the wide-angle lens at home and zoomed in. Of course when I got to the bottom of a wall, there was a big school of herring swimming in a tight ball. 2 dogfish sharks were "herding" them to keep them in a circle and taking turns dashing in. The herring would scatter and the dogfish would swim around to get them together again. There were even 2 lingcod on the sandy bottom and one of them darted up into the school as well. Great day to bring a MACRO setup!! The video camera wouldn't focus on anything farther than a foot or so away. I'll try not to let it get to me....
Anyway, here's the video of all the smaller, closer, less dramatic stuff:http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k197/markhiebert/?action=view&current=MB.flv

Back
Top Bottom