Medical Devices in Drysuit ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EWA, who have been around for decades, make a line of waterproof pouches rated for 100 meters.
ewa-marine DUS waterproof scuba pouch
That would allow you to basically drop your device into a plastic bag, and then put it under or over your dry suit. While EWA make good stuff, I think I'd want to make sure that device was insured before taking it down--because anything waterproof eventually leaks.
Your implant and the device are intentionally using very weak signals and I'm not surprised to find that even a couple of inches of sea water in between them (and the drysuit material perhaps) are enough to block that. They dry suit maker would be the one to tell you what glues are compatible, and a suitable plastic window should be no real problem for them to add in. But I think the additional EWA pouch and just wearing the device in that, inside the suit, would be one less "custom" thing to worry about.

Ya imagine going on a dive boat with one of those . Then going to a reef stepping and breaking everything in front of you seems to be worth the money

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom