Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Myself and my Girlfriend will try to be there.
At least for one day of diving.

My husband and I will try and be there. It's less than a two hour drive for us so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch. We're new divers (will have just had our certification for a month at that point!) so don't pick on us too much!

My husband and I will try and be there. It's less than a two hour drive for us so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch. We're new divers (will have just had our certification for a month at that point!) so don't pick on us too much!

Thats great we look forward to meeting you. Dont worry about being new Divers we help all. We were all new once.

Hmmm, April.... anything happening in March...? I'm out of the water for a few months and will be back in Cincy sometime to visit the family, just thinking about those smores has me salivating and wagging my tail... Pavlov would be proud....

-Tim

Hmmm, April.... anything happening in March...? I'm out of the water for a few months and will be back in Cincy sometime to visit the family, just thinking about those smores has me salivating and wagging my tail... Pavlov would be proud....

-Tim
Give me some notice and I will be there. Don't have a Futon, but will make other arrangements.

Silly newbie question -

In April, is it going to be too cold to be in the water with just a wetsuit? I'm going to try and acquire a 7mm before this meeting but I can't afford a drysuit yet.

Or just what are your recommendations for what to wear?

Silly newbie question -

In April, is it going to be too cold to be in the water with just a wetsuit? I'm going to try and acquire a 7mm before this meeting but I can't afford a drysuit yet.

Or just what are your recommendations for what to wear?

There are a number of folks that dive wet year round in these parts. I've been known to dive in a 2 piece 7mm wetsuit not only in April, but also on New Years Day.

The most appropriate suit is actually determined more by the air temps and winds than by the ater temps - at least as long as the wetsuit fits properly -ie snugly. If it is loose, water will flow through and get you cold. But it is usually the surface intervals that matter the most. If you can't stay warm on the surface, you'll get colder in the water. Also, you don't want to put a COLD wet wetsuit back on, so I have 2 farmer johns for my 7mm wet suit - for the second dive if necessary, I use the dry second one.

Ken

There are a number of folks that dive wet year round in these parts. I've been known to dive in a 2 piece 7mm wetsuit not only in April, but also on New Years Day.

The most appropriate suit is actually determined more by the air temps and winds than by the ater temps - at least as long as the wetsuit fits properly -ie snugly. If it is loose, water will flow through and get you cold. But it is usually the surface intervals that matter the most. If you can't stay warm on the surface, you'll get colder in the water. Also, you don't want to put a COLD wet wetsuit back on, so I have 2 farmer johns for my 7mm wet suit - for the second dive if necessary, I use the dry second one.

Ken

Ken answered your question very correctly as he is known as the WETSUIT KING until last season. When he joined the darkside and purchased a drysuit.

I just wanted to add that if you think the water might be to cold for you. You can just come to Gilboa and spend the weekend meeting this crazy bunch and joining in the eating festivities. Eating usually is more of an activitiy than diving is at our Meet-n Greets. than when later when conditions get more to your liking you will know some of us and will have some contacts for diving.

Back
Top Bottom