Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a thought... the weekend that you picked for the Meet and Greet is the same weekend as Scubafest in Wilmington, Ohio. I know I can't go to the M&G since I am presenting a couple of topics there and will have a booth for both the store and the quarry.

Since this is in the planning stages you may want to consider a date that does not conflict with the areas major scuba shows. April 19 is the Shipwreck Festival in Detroit and Scubafest is the following weekend the 25 - 27.

I would be happy to have a drink or two with any of you at those events!

Safe Diving,

Rich

I believe that this is the fifth Spring M&G that we have held.

My view is that we have a two or three week window here. We do it earlier than the the first weeekend that was mentioned and we will have people backing out because of the colder nights. Most of the participants camp.

Waiting until May tends to push us too close to the start of the charter season and people are out diving where most of us really want to dive (on the lakes) or they are prepping their gear for that purpose.

The dives at Spring M&G tend to serve as shakedown cruises for our dive gear and give the divers about the right amount of time to order new gear or make repairs to items that didn't winter well.

Bearing that in mind, I still think that a good weekend was mentioned.

If the other member wish to open that up for debate, that is up to the crew :) . I have just mentioned my thoughts on the matter.

That date has been set. You can make it or you cant. pretty simple. It is impossible to fit everyones schedule so the weekend that is mentioned is the date.

That date has been set. You can make it or you cant. pretty simple. It is impossible to fit everyones schedule so the weekend that is mentioned is the date.

Man, Ted, I like your style!!:bang:

Man, Ted, I like your style!!:bang:

Thanks!!!!!! We have tried for over 5 years to fit everyones schedule. We have yet to pull it off. So John(Mitten_Diver)and I decided we would post a date early enough so everyone new about it. Then it was there you go either you can or cant. Stress is off of everyone. Except for those who cant make it.

Now for those in the KNOW Like former MeetNgreet attendees This is a MUST attend event that should not be missed Regardless of what your plans are that were swaying you towards the cant make it side.

see how much money I have left after paying off the people that I owe. My usual source of extra money (read: overtime) has dried up quite a bit.

I can help you in the money department. I will give you 3 Ben Franklins for your dive rite light can. I lost my UK light cannon on the speigel Grove last fall. I want to go with the can light now. I know you got the dive rite light can and I know your not using it. and you can use some benjamins so what do you say?

Another option that someone else might like to consider is forming another G&M. It was tried last year for the fall one. Don't know how it worked since I didn't make it to the fall.

I can help you in the money department. I will give you 3 Ben Franklins for your dive rite light can. I lost my UK light cannon on the speigel Grove last fall. I want to go with the can light now. I know you got the dive rite light can and I know your not using it. and you can use some benjamins so what do you say?

I would take that deal except that right now the battery is no good. It wouldn't be a good deal for you under those circumstances. I'll either have the money or not at this stage. Also, that can light has been to you-know-where and back. I think that you can get a better deal elsewhere. Heck, I have wanted to replace it for a couple of years myself :) . I will say that Dive Rite has provided exceptional service and warranty work on it. I don't know how many other dive gear manufacturers would have taken it back as often as they have and charged me as little as they have to replace cords and light heads over the period of time that I have owned it.

We are supposed to have a nice bonus from work and that will likely do it. :) .

In case you couldn't tell, I am it agreement with you and John on the dates. I thought that you picked a perfect one for the reasons that I outlined :) .

In case you couldn't tell, I am it agreement with you and John on the dates. I thought that you picked a perfect one for the reasons that I outlined :) .

I know you were good on the date.... You were mentioned during the meeting RE Subject when we like to have it. April because any later and people are planing real diving somewhere... I just said what I did to let people know that the date was set and there was no changing it. Someone made a comment that they were busy that weekend and mentioned changing MNG weekend Nope we change for you and two other people cant go on the new weekened. Everyone cant be accomodated.

Back
Top Bottom