Meg lost or stolen 8-26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife:
the problem is John that he finally got his rig just right for him, sorted out the trim and the bits that made him happy.

to restart is a pita..... but at least Sean's bouyancy wont suck this time when he first get it :wink:

Thank you for assuming my bouyancy was good to start with.... I've been diving for almost 30 years, but just diving the Meg for 6 months. It is a humbling learning curve.

:lol:

took hubby about 6 dives before he happy with his bouyancy

would be nice to find it though...... the little trust we have in our airlines is hanging by a thread

http://www.tumi.com/about/index.cfm?fuseaction=tracer

Tumi's website:
With over three million bags lost in transit every year, and many more left in hotels, taxis, and restaurants, it makes sense to protect your valuable Tumi products and their irreplaceable contents through the Tracer program.

You didn't happen to register your bag did you?

Didn't even know about Tumi registration... but it was covered anyway, partially by the airline $3K and the rest by my insurance.

Sean326:
I also had a pair of fins and a small tool kit in the bag.... i suspect if the bag was stolen all he would keep was the tool kit and the fins... Hopefully it will still turn up. the rig was only 6 months old and i had it tweaked just right, i really don't want to go through the hassel and time of ordering all the new parts and putting them together.

Man.... I really feel for you, mine is only 3-4 months old and I would be spewing (this is an Aussie term meaning "pissed off")

Hopefully there is a good outcome for you.

On the positive...

If it gets to the point where it is going to be replaced. You have the APECS 2.5 or even the APEC 3.0 head to look forward to. :lotsalove: :wink:

Sean326:
For what it's worth, i flew from Philadelphia to Miami to dive the keys on the 26th. I had my meg well packed in a Tumi bag and checked it at philly. Thats the last anyone saw of it including USair. No big deal it was well insured but it will be a hassel getting a new one, setting it up and tweaking it. USair has no record of it after check in. It had a Golem gear BOV, tiger mounts etc... and was less than 6 months old.

Sorry for your loss. :(

Tom Winters:
So it seems you're not one of the impoverished types - why didn't you Fedex or UPS your rig ahead?

I have traveled a lot for most of my life and never lost a bag.... had a few delayed, delivered that evening to the hotel etc... but never totally lost...

Tom Winters:
So it seems you're not one of the impoverished types - why didn't you Fedex or UPS your rig ahead?

Oh man that's funny. I don't think anybody doing RB's are impoverished. When you get into CCR you better have plenty of leisure dollars. Them things are not cheap in any shape, form or fashion.:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom