Mega vs Chedraui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If they don't have Agave at Mega or Chedraui, I am pretty sure that La Cuisine will have some. They are a small restaurant and health store that carries a number of natural products. They are 4 blocks from El Cantil. 2 blocks east and 2 north.

1689643950639.png

But I am curious about the agave. I think we could rig up some other sweetener if needed, or bring from home.
Sugar?

I spent a week at El Cantil. I'm not a big tequila fan, so my after-dive drink was limes, rum and sugar (all from Chedraui) blended with ice.

My family & I stay at El Cantil, and I can attest to it being a bit easier to shop at Chedraui because you can push your cart to the end of the parking lot, across the street, and then put your groceries on the elevator with your spouse, buddy, child, etc. And then just take the cart back.

It’s not so easy with the Mega if you get a bunch of groceries and then want to walk back to El Cantil.

But in regards to a comparison, I think they both have about the same thing. We also prefer Chedraui just because the grocery items seem to be a little easier to find.

We're at El Cantil as well, and I agree completely, which is why we wind up at Chedraui most of the time. Mega is reserved for things we can't find at Chedraui. And Chedraui does have agave syrup, I've bought it there many times, it'll be in the aisle where the sugar and other sweeteners are. And if you don't want to squeeze a ton of limes, go to Maharaja back on 65th and 7th, they'll have a cooler full of fresh squeezed lime and orange juice in the front next to the checkout counter. 4 bucks for a quart of juice as I recall.

Both Mega and Ched have a "gourmet" / import section also.
If you need wasabi or something esle you cant find.

I like the variety of honey available, and often bring some home.

Either way you'll be able to get house paint, butter, and a motorcycle all on the same trip. Very convenient.

In all seriousness, however, try to have some peso coins in your pocket to give to the lovely seniors who bag your items. I'm told they work exclusively for tips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom