Member introductions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all. My name is Bernie Chowdhury. I'm the author of "The Last Dive".

Years tech diving: 25
Tech Instructor: Yes, with TDI. #12347
Trimix: Yes. Certified by Sheck Exley in 1990. Teach TDI Basic and Advanced Trimix
Rebreathers: No.
Caves: Yes. Certified Basic Cave in 1988. Full Cave in 1989.
Wrecks: Yes. Since 1985. Teach SDI Basic Wreck and TDI Advanced Wreck (Penetration)

For more info, see:

Alpha Dive Training - Home

Facebook - Bernie Chowdhury

or just google "Bernie Chowdhury"

BTW, I'll be giving three presentations at Beneath the Sea (BTS) in the Meadowlands, NJ, March 25-27, 2011.

Plan well, dive safely.

All the best,

Bernie

Years tec diving: 5
No of deco dives: 200-300
Tec instructor: working on it
Trimix?yes
Rebreathers?Love my KISS
Caves?Cavern & Intro

Yrs tech diving: 6 months...newbie tec diver
# of deco dives: 20
Trimix: Yes, normoxic
Rebreathers: No
Cave: Cavern and Intro
Wrecks: Yes

Tech diving 2 years.... newbie

Technical caver who started scuba diving in order to learn cave diving. Old guy learning new tricks before I get too old and run out of time... Being land-locked doesn't help the situation.

PSAI Full Cave 2009
NACD Full Cave 2009
TDI Advanced Nitrox 2009
TDI Decompression 2009

Years Tech diving? Hm, Certified through TDI in 2006. I really wasn't doing the dives as I didn't feel prepared. Did UTD Tech 1 last year and about to start UTD Tech 2. I'm diving on the bleeding edge of the Tech 1 boundaries as it is. So really, less than a year of actually doing the dives.

Number of Staged Deco Dives? 20ish

Trimix? Yes

Rebreather? No

Caves? Not yet, Plans are in the works.

Other? I know it's going to get asked, so how am I pushing the bleeding edge of the tech 1 boundaries? Slightly longer deco than 30 minutes and adding a stage when the rock bottom dictates. Yes, I know that UTD Tech 2 isn't going to extend the deco time range.

Years tec diving: Since October 2009
No of deco dives: 9 (Apart from believing all dives are deco dives to some degree)
Tec instructor: TDI DM Candidate
Trimix: As soon as I can afford it. I haven't put much into tech recently.
Rebreathers: No time soon
Caves: NACD Cavern. Would love to gain more experience and training
Other comments: I would love to go out for a GUE Fundamentals Tech pass...again, I need the money to progress.

Years tec diving: 12
No of deco dives: 200
Tec instructor? Yes
Trimix? Yes
Rebreathers? No
Caves? No
Other comments: Mostly a PADI Japanese tourist instructor. At one time I was also NAUI, TDI, IANTD instructor, and I certified a few divers using those credentials, but lack of use of those credentials made them evaporate.

Never dove dry suit, never dove hard backplate. All doubles using Transpac or the ScubaPro knockoff version.

Years Tech Diving 16 years
Number of Deco dives Lots
Number cave dives couple hundred
Rebreathers RB80
Trimix Yes
Tech Instructor NAUI Tech Instructor, Trimix Level II, Technical Wreck, Gas Blender
Scooters got a couple Cuda 650's

Starting tech diving shortly after getting my cert, started with independent doubles and was doing side mount and no mount diving back before it was the cool thing to do and no one was teaching it- just something we had to do to get where we were going.
Did caves for awhile finding and mapping new caves here in Okinawa - mostly sea caves- got bored looking at rocks and am now searching for wrecks. Working on finding the USS Longshaw and other wrecks here in Okinawa.

Hey, new guy checking in

Years diving: ~30
Months Tech: 6
Number of Dives: ~500
Number of Tech Dives: 20( You get the picture. I started diving with Cave Divers 6 months ago)
Number of Cave Dives: 7(abe davis here I come)
CavesTraining in Cozumel, recently seen in Marianna
Instructor: NO!
Trimix: soon
Breather: eventually
Scooter: not yet, blew a wad in the last 6 months on Tech gear

Years Diving : 12
Number of Deco Dives : Don't remember. All of my cave dives were deco dives.
Number of Cave Dives : ~100
Cave Certification : NSS-CDS Full Cave 2001, GUE Cave 2 2001.
Trimix : No
Rebreathers : No
Scooters : Cuda 550, Sierra (Though not in a cave)
Instructor : NAUI OWI
Other : Between getting my OW Instructor cert and getting married I have not had the time to get back into cave diving. I look forward to correcting that soon :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom