Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the full moon rising in the constellation Aquarius I set up my telescope as well as a camera tripod hoping the clouds would break so that I could capture the lunar eclipse. While waiting for the eclipse a break in the clouds allowed me to focus on a lunar illusion that has fascinated me since the first time that I looked at the moon with long glass.

On the lunar surface there appears to be an outline of a being with outstretched arms welcoming those of us that choose to look up. There are also other beings in this lunar mosaic. Some may see Christ while others see a heavenly sign drawing us to explore space. For me it is another heavenly mystery that resonates with my spirit.

In the title, Moon Angels, follow the last N and the G upwards and perhaps you’ll see an image that has inspired me since my youth…

moonangels3.jpg

For the discerning Internet addict.

1268706191_4e958b5247.jpg

Twilight on the Pilar Del Caribe

1269526172_e4425fa8a7.jpg

Morning on the Pilar Del Caribe

I like the perspective here, but the exposure isn't quite right.
It can be a challenging to figure out whilst using a ND grad filter.....
Figure with a wider focal length and a bit closer I can get a much more dramatic view.

1268563257_978f616959_o.jpg

Jam
Great pictures as always, but I agree with your criticism of number 3.
It is a fantastic subject and I would not be surprised if it wins you an award someday.
My 2c worth,
The sky is great
I am guessing the exposure was short as the sea is frozen.
Too much foreground with either too much detail or too little.
Maybe a long exposure to turn the sea misty and bring out some details on the hull.

Maybe a picture after or during a storm with the sea breaking over the wreck and storm clouds in the background.

I envy your ability and your location. Here we have flat grey days, day after day after day. Roll on the move.

So cool...I love flowers, they don't move much at all. I got up this morning to everything covered in dew.....

sidehibiscus.jpg

hibiscus4.jpg

Deweyhibiscus.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom