Memorable Unique tips you picked up only on Scubaboard!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for defogging, start with a dry mask.
Only use a drop on each lense and rub it in very good.
Keep rubbing it in.
Did I mention to rub it in good.
Now put the mask aside for about 15 min before you dive.
Rinse the mask only before you are ready to get in the water.
Once the mask is on your face, keep it in place as much as possible, don't keep pulling it up and it shouldn't fog on you.

I recently learnt that the easiest way to be chastised is to suggest teaching a nitrox class for computers :D

Don't look at any posts that talk about a "war hammer" problem!

No, the easiest way to get chastised is to suggest, even inadvertently and by subtle implication, that DIR is a better way to dive. BTDT

TSandM:
No, the easiest way to get chastised is to suggest, even inadvertently and by subtle implication, that DIR is a better way to dive. BTDT

Heh, violent little strokes :wink:

Excellent thread!! I've learned a bunch here but one thing that comes to mind is the recent "what's in your bag on the boat" thread...lots of tidbits in that one. :thumb:

Wearing a folding snorkel on your leg (knife strap) instead of your mask strap. Works great for those of us diving with a Ladyhawk without pockets, in strong current.....unless you enjoy the whole mask being ripped off of your face experience.

Diving with an altoid in the pocket of your cheek. It gets rid of cotton mouth and will easily blow through your reg if you happen to dislodge it during the dive. Plus, your mouth is minty fresh... unlike your wetsuit.

I learned how to prepare sea urchin.

pir8:
As for defogging, start with a dry mask.
Only use a drop on each lense and rub it in very good.
Keep rubbing it in.
Did I mention to rub it in good.
Now put the mask aside for about 15 min before you dive.
Rinse the mask only before you are ready to get in the water.
Once the mask is on your face, keep it in place as much as possible, don't keep pulling it up and it shouldn't fog on you.

That actually works really well even if the instructions do not call for the technique. Depends on the stuff you use, but I also do the above and let it dry again after the rinse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom