Memorable Unique tips you picked up only on Scubaboard!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony:
it's for bugs, anyways... :D

:lol:

We just save the gallon milk jugs with screw caps. Clean them good and fill with fresh water. There's always several in the back of the pickup, (Curacao, Texas thing), and the water is nice and warm for rinsing off when we're at those sites sans showers or rinse tanks.

tony

yup, same thing here in South FL, leave the water jugs in the car while diving and when you return it will be toasty warm bath water to cleanse you and your gear of the sticky salt residue

catherine96821:
because why? I wish people gave more explanations around here.

yea, he has some good stuff, and it is appreciated.

PM him and ask...

You know those sand dollars you find on the beach? Well, they may look like crackers but believe you me, they don't taste like 'em.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

Nay:
So is kelp!
But I won't take my mask off in cold water if I have a choice so I use defog.

On the whole mask defog, you know when you are actaually on the dive and your mask is fogging, normally we let some water in slosh it around and clear the mask, doing the same thig over a dozen or more times on the dive.

try this instead next time. take your mask off and lick the inside of the mask on the lens. it does the same as spitting and spreading (which you cant do underwater), mucus rocks! You are fixed for the rest of the dive.

Use that same garden sprayer to wet your tank straps prior to the dive to avoid them loosening during the aforementioned dive.

p.s. I have tried licking the straps underwater after having the tank get loose but it didn't help...However, it does prevent the straps from fogging up!

Maui-26 days.

cerich:
On the whole mask defog, you know when you are actaually on the dive and your mask is fogging, normally we let some water in slosh it around and clear the mask, doing the same thig over a dozen or more times on the dive.

try this instead next time. take your mask off and lick the inside of the mask on the lens. it does the same as spitting and spreading (which you cant do underwater), mucus rocks! You are fixed for the rest of the dive.

That doesn't sound sanitary. I'll try it, thanks.

Awesome thread.

Plan your dive.
Dive your plan.

dherbman:
That doesn't sound sanitary. I'll try it, thanks.

Ditto!

loosebits:
RE: Safety Drill - This is a great drill to do before *every* dive, takes only a few seconds and we head straight down after performing it ("S-drill and go" is usually the last words out of our mouths). It allows both divers to ensure their primary and secondary is working and that the primary is routed correctly (e.g. no hoses or light cords are sitting over it preventing it from being deployed).

Great tip from Loosebits that has become part of our standard "pre-dive" checklist.

Never try to take a stray cat anywhere he doesn't want to go, i.e. the vet.

(Thanks Andy) :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom