Memorable Unique tips you picked up only on Scubaboard!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

link - Credit where credit is due, I learned that from Walt Hendricks Sr. at the University of Puerto Rico Marine Station.

catherine96821:
I wonder if holding the rear dump open would be nifty?

No - you need to turn the inflator hose into an air syphon (think syphon, but in reverse). It will not work with a dump valve. Link

I thought "escargot" was French for "Zee stoopeed Amereecans, zay weel eat anything".

Never had 'em, never will. I would rather have my own spit in my mask than the poisonous slime of a shell bearing slug.

Only 27 days to Maui!!!!

Speaking of tips: Catherine, my wife and I are flying to Ohau on July 17th to see the Arizona, Missouri and see some sites if there is time...no diving. We plan to take the earliest flight out of Maui, rent a car and go to Pearl Harbor. Any suggestions on how to handle the logistics...crowds, which to see first, etc.? As you are THE Ohau contact on SB, I thought you might have some advice.

Jon

catherine96821:
wow, he is full of...tips.

I like that "intuitive" sensory approach. we should make him spill them all in one thread.

You might want to go through his posts and collect his tidbits. He is pretty much MIA from here and we will only see him on very rare occasions...

OE2X:
You might want to go through his posts and collect his tidbits. He is pretty much MIA from here and we will only see him on very rare occasions...

because why? I wish people gave more explanations around here.

yea, he has some good stuff, and it is appreciated.

Thanks, Thall....I see now "an air syphon", so think physics. (hey it's all physics):help_2: :umnik:

enjoyed Rob's link. (where's rob?)

Rob's task loading thread is here.

I think I have more stuff from Rob printed out for future reference than any other single writer here, although UP has some really worthwhile stuff if you go back through the archives, too.

Fill a cooler with hot water to soak your neoprene between dives and to fix gear freezes, when the air temp is lower than the water temp (and lower than freezing).

Carry bandaids in your save-a-dive: sometimes saving a dive means staunching the flow of blood.

Breath on a long count (5 in, pause, 5 out).

Back
Top Bottom