Memory card suggestions for 5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for getting right to the point 10X. Thats exactly the answer I was trying to get. I figure if I get a 256mb card I can get a little over 100 SHQ pics/day. I'm also planning on getting a laptop to carry with me so I can download each evening. Thanks to everyone for the help. Greg

gt2003:
Thanks for getting right to the point 10X. Thats exactly the answer I was trying to get. I figure if I get a 256mb card I can get a little over 100 SHQ pics/day. I'm also planning on getting a laptop to carry with me so I can download each evening. Thanks to everyone for the help. Greg

I use a 256 xd Fujifilm Card card and get 73 pics in SHQ.
in HQ I get 208.

Dave

Couldn't give you an answer before, but now I can.

I get 68 images on my 512 card shooting RAW. I am lucky in that I have a nice dry area to change cards between dives if I need to!

Where is a good place to buy memory cards from?

cheo:
:06: Whats the difference btwn SHQ, HQ & RAW?
The short answer is quality of the image. I never shoot less than SHQ and believe you should always shoot the highest quality possible - you never know when you will get that once in a lifetime shot and quality counts! You can also do more image manipulation for whatever reason on a higher quality image - including cropping and enlarging.

RAW is awesome but takes a while to write and the files are large. You can put a RAW image in your converter and work with white balance, exposure, sharpness etc before converting to Photoshop. It gives you amazing flexibility and the power to really get the best representation of what you saw. You have to have the software to work with it, though. And you have to have the patience for the write time...I have only started shooting RAW, but love it.

Do a search on RAW etc and you'll get lots more in-depth information.

Hi there,

How much faster is a 52X CF card for C5050 or a 40X CF card? Currently i'm using a 256mb Apacer CF card & 128mb Apacer SM card. How does it actually affects the time taken to write from the camera to the card? Can the C5050 support 52X CF card?

We got our 256 MB Fuji xD memory card from Amazon - was about 92 including shipping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom