Mermaids Internship in Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

His profile says DM...

Mauifish:
I shall start an OP with an explanation of my complete experience while in Thailand and all readers can judge for themselves, might as well throw it all out in the open yes?

Yes please. I will be rivitted to read how and why *both* PADI *and* the Thai government singled you out for persecution (as well as the CDC?). I only have 6 years of working (non-dive) in Thailand, and three or so years of that associated with the dive industry, so I am sure your post will be full of insights that I can really use...
-j-

Vie:
Same here. How about it, guys?
I see him only moan arround, but I don't see him posting any facts....

So Mauifish let us know what happend and how the evil gouverment ripped you off!!

Do you have any facts? Tell us the story?

josh_ingu: "I will be rivitted to read how and why *both* PADI *and* the Thai government singled you out for persecution (as well as the CDC?)."

Thai gouverment and PADI found together in an evil cooperative to ripp off Mauifish, the new axis of evil?

h90:
Thai gouverment and PADI found together in an evil cooperative to ripp off Mauifish, the new axis of evil?

LOL..there is a thought...
-j-

josh_ingu:
LOL..there is a thought...
-j-

I really wounder whats the point of that all??????
Telling a lot but nothing specific, what is that all about....
(I am european, we are used to get ripped off by the gouverment, it is called "income tax")

ahhh, in the country where i come from, we-the masses- are ripped off by the government and the government get ripped off by concentrated number of people because they can do so. :D

and back to the topic...

h90:
(I am european, we are used to get ripped off by the gouverment, it is called "income tax")

h90:
I really wounder whats the point of that all??????
Telling a lot but nothing specific, what is that all about....

The point is that its much easier to throw around a few unsubstantiated allegations that "people are out to get me" than to admit you screwed up. In true PADI style, the marking of IE candidates is pretty rigid. You get the points or you don't. You meet the criteria, or you don't. The examiners use the same score sheet as is used in the IDC, and I am pretty sure there is no "deduct 5 points if the candidate is American on it" (even on the sheets used in Asia!!). Canididates get debriefed, and are told *what* they were failed for. If there was a *genuine* complaint, it would be being addressed to PADI, and not scuba board.

As for the Thai governemnt being out to "get him" or whatever - well, lets just say it would be one of the few examples of Thai government competence I have seen. Rare, very rare!
-j-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom