Mesh tank protectors?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leave the mesh off, give it away for a Christmas present. The mesh is just another thing to sell from a trident catalog, and serves no real pourpose. Tanks do not suffer from damage caused by scratching or dings, maybe blunt trauma but a mesh cover will not protect it from that.

But if you so choose to keep the mesh, leave it on the cylinder while diving.

I pose another question? Anyone ever herd of a good use for mesh tank protectors?

JUMBO

cdiver2:
Dont wash your car it will get dirty sooner or later

Agree totally. And that applies to my car and my tanks.

Cut the tank mesh in thirds, slip one on the bottom third of your tank to protect the finish against the boat tank racks and leave the tank top bare so your BCD tank bands get a good grip. Now go buy more tanks because one is never enough!

RonFrank:
Not sure why anyone would use them other than instructors unless one is into pretty. If that is the case, no weat suit is going to make a fashion statement :11:
Ron
Pretty as opposed to ugly?

I don't own a car. I own a truck. I know it will eventually get beat up. After all, it's a truck. I don't worry about how it looks.

I have seen to many people waste money on these pieces of junk. They struggle getting cam bands over the mesh and then wonder why their tanks always slip. Just say no to mesh!

cdiver2:
Dont wash your car it will get dirty sooner or later

Well i guess im am in the minority cause i like my mesh. have had it since i first got the tank. never have had any problems getting the bc on. mine has never slipped. you have to get the right size.... it should be a nightmare to get on but once its on its there till it dryrots. my tank looks goods and has no dings or scratches. (granted im paranoid about taking care of my gear as i am not rich and cant buy new gear every season like all of you :wink: ) And yes they are good for being visable to students. So i like mine(i can hear the flames rising :11: but hey im odd... :wink: )

mk57nato:
Well i guess im am in the minority cause i like my mesh. have had it since i first got the tank. never have had any problems getting the bc on. mine has never slipped. you have to get the right size.... it should be a nightmare to get on but once its on its there till it dryrots. my tank looks goods and has no dings or scratches. (granted im paranoid about taking care of my gear as i am not rich and cant buy new gear every season like all of you :wink: ) And yes they are good for being visable to students. So i like mine(i can hear the flames rising :11: but hey im odd... :wink: )

Same as you have mesh on my tanks, they look like new, no slippage in fact its the opposite I think the bands hold tighter digging into the mesh, and as you say highly visible

One of my six tanks came with one on. I have had no problem with it and it helps my buddy in spotting me with our low dark green vis. I have sold 4 of my six tanks and kept the one with the mesh.

I have to admit that I have not bothered to buy any mesh for the other tank/

mk57nato:
And yes they are good for being visable to students. So i like mine(i can hear the flames rising :11: but hey im odd... :wink: )

I make myself visible to students by wearing a mask with a frame that has two different colours (I'll just show you instead of trying to explain it). When it's an issue (at night for example) I make myself visible from behind with a strobe that I hang between my 1st stages. One of the instructors I work with has a small stuffed animal attached to his camband for teaching.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom