Miflex hose...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tinytechie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey people,

so I just got my frist miflex hose for my new regs and I was just wonderin if there is anythin special i need to know about them? Will they break down easier in sunlight or anything? Just randomly any tips? thanks heaps folks!:eyebrow:

I've only had mine for 6 months, but I know others have had them longer, and there aren't any specific issues that I'm aware of

Only thing I would say is that if you're upgrading your hoses to miflex, to get ones that are slightly shorter than the original, as the increased flexibility will allow for that (excluding hoses like your inflator, that follow a defined point-to-point routing and should be the same length)

thanks for the tip, i kinda just bought the one they had in stock tho! heh but its just for the alternate / second reg on my setup so length is ok.. hehe but i'll keep that in mind for the future!

Get one for your primary

All my hoses are miflex, apart from HP which they don't make

EDIT: Changing to miflex is a good time to consider going the long primary/bungied backup setup

definetely last longer and hold up better to the elements, exposure, etc. than the traditional hoses. it should server you well.

watch it; they get tangled much more easily both during and post diving; takes a bit to get used to but they are nice

Back
Top Bottom