"Miflex" hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put a 22" Miflex regulator hose on my SS1 octo/inflater and it made the SS1 MUCH easier to use. The Atomic hose wanted to spring the SS1 out of my mouth under pressure. This is not an issue with the Miflex hose. I am waiting for the high pressure versions to come out. I use a hose protector on the Miflex just because I had a bunch sitting on the shelf.

The owner of my LDS has some for her doubles rig and loves them. She has some coming in for the shop so I'm thinking of getting at least the 7' long and probably one for the necklaced reg too. Not sure if I should get one for my BC and drysuit inflator yet or not.

Brian

The owner of my LDS has some for her doubles rig and loves them. She has some coming in for the shop so I'm thinking of getting at least the 7' long and probably one for the necklaced reg too. Not sure if I should get one for my BC and drysuit inflator yet or not.

Brian

There was a post about the 7' miflex and his dislike of it. I agree with the lds that they are great but I use 26 inch and a 30" for my reg and octo. You may want to check out his post for some info the pros and cons of the 7' miflex.

I have used the hose on my rigs both Rec and Tek since they became available in the US...a superior product, no problems with the scooter either....they save about a half pound for a travel rig which is not much but the packability is way better than a traditional hose. No hose protectors please. (Mi-Flex or traditional).
Yarg

Here are some weights using a digital shipping scale.

Miflex 36 inch LP hose: 4.6 oz (0.29 Lb)
Standard 36 in LP hose: 7 oz (0.44 Lb)

Miflex 26 inch LP hose: 3.8 oz (0.24 Lb)
Standard LP hose: 6.4 oz (0.4 Lb)

I didn’t measure exact length of all the hoses, just going by the label on the package.

Just for comparison with the other related equipment here are some more weights of first and second stages:

Scubapro D400: 7.8 oz (0.49 Lb)
Scubapro metal balanced adjustable (109/ 156): 11.8 oz (0.74 Lb)
Oceanic slim line Octopus: 5.2 oz (0.32 Lb)
Conshelf first stage with dry environmental kit: 1 Lb 8.8 oz (1.55 Lb)

Personally I don’t think the packing weight is significant, but while diving the light weight does seem to give a nice feeling. Hoses just don’t weigh that much to start with, unless you just have lots of them, but even then…I guess they could add up.

I haven’t actually used any, but my wife likes them. The 26” long seems to work great for her primary and the 36” yellow ones are bright (maybe too bright, but I will get use to it).

For traveling, what makes a nice difference is how easily and tight they coil. They are very nice to pack.

My husband has Zeagle doubles regs, with the difficult hose routing (90 degree bends). I'm seriously considering replacing his backup reg hose and wing inflator hose with Miflexes. It seems as though the wear would be decreased.

My wife and i both have Miflex hoses on our regs. Makes using them so much easier. No mouthpiece pull, easier to pack, much lighter. Definitely worth the upgrade.

Gil

I've seen a bunch of pictures of me diving where the reg is always pulled off to the side, and it looks goofy. I think that's the biggest reason I'll switch to a 7' on my longhose... I'll look cooler! :wink:

Here's a post I put up a few weeks back on another thread on the same subject...

--------------------

So finally had the chance to swap out all of my LP hoses for Miflex hoses that I picked up at my LDS, and dive with them in both single and doubles configurations.

- 7' long hose
- 22" alternate hose
- 22" quick-disconnect inflator hose
- 29" drysuit hose

XSSQDH.jpg

Here's some initial thoughts:

Weight: The entirety of my regulator set-up is noticeably lighter, even just in my reg bag - which is actually easier to pack now too. Not enough to warrant the change-over in and of itself, but noticeable, and as much as I travel for work with my gear in tow this will be a benefit.

Routing: set-up for singles and doubles is bit easier, especially without any of the somewhat precarious bends required with certain regs in a doubles configuration. Short hose lays a lot nicer over the shoulder with no tugging to the right when using the alternate and less stress on the routing of the hose from the 1st stage.

Streamlining: the 7' primary hose lays flatter and neater than a standard hose, especially up around the neck and/or when not in use and clipped off. Tucks/stows nicely, not "floaty" at all. (Somewhat easier to deploy to an OOA diver as well.) For drysuit hose: 29" quick-release hose with a "Hose Hat" added is 7" shorter than a standard DUI drysuit hose and stays nicely right at your side; no getting hung up with anything else

Inflator hose: 22" quick-disconnect is perfect for doubles or singles rig. I had always had minor difficulties when using a standard 22" hose - either bending too harshly off first stage with doubles, or bowing on a singles rig due to excess length. I use a 12" corrugate hose on a standard elbow on both set-ups and the 22" Miflex is fine on either.

Based on a few dives with the hoses outlined above, I also plan on swapping out the hose on my stage bottle as well. Should be easier to deploy/stow.

They are also packed in descent sized little "dry bags" that come in handy for carrying paperwork, wallet, anything else you don't want to get wet out on a boat. Would I go out of my way for them just based on that? No, but there are a very nice add in.

Good deal on Miflex Hoses w/free shipping

myflex1.jpg

My husband has Zeagle doubles regs, with the difficult hose routing (90 degree bends). I'm seriously considering replacing his backup reg hose and wing inflator hose with Miflexes. It seems as though the wear would be decreased.

Much easier routing with Miflex hoses on my doubles rigs, which had the same problem that your hubby has with his Zeagle's.

Back
Top Bottom